Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Talking 2nd Annual BBOMG Raffle Grand Prize

This past weekend was an absolute blast, I truly cannot remember the last time I had so much fun. There are many factors that contributed to the success of this year's Annual Builders & Buyers Oshawa Meet & Greet and before I discuss the prize I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those that made this event and this prize possible.

To GM, It's your vision, dedication, perseverance, and determination that originally brought us the Camaro and recently returned it from retirement. Without it's return none of this past weekend's would have taken place, none of the friendships would have been made, and none of the experiences gained. Thank you for bringing back the Camaro!

To the GM Oshawa workers, thank you for your hard work, for your strength, for your enthusiasm, and for your dedication to making the Camaro's return as successful as it has become. You all have truly made an incredible product and I am reminded of this every single time I get in close the door and take # 121,916 for spin.

To Hylton and CanadiaCamaro, without your hard work and extensive planning this weekend would have not have been possible. Most of us probably have no idea how much time and energy you actually spent organizing the events, contacting sponsors, making reservations, and let's not forget answering hundreds of questions, emails, and pm's. Thank you both so much for what you have done it will not be forgotten.

To all the owners, enthusiasts, and great people who attended this year's event, when I initially made my hotel reservation for four days I thought that four days was a little excessive but looking back four days seems too short. Sharing four days with all those that attended was such a pleasure, I feel like I have gained 50+ family members. It was so great to finally put faces to names and to meet people from all over the world, from NJ, WI, AL, CO, TX, MI, DC, LA, Canada, and fellow NY'rs. I can't wait to see you all again next year!

To the sponsors, many thanks to GM, Martinrea, Nurse Chevrolet, Classic Chevrolet, Newman Chevrolet, Sparta Chevrolet, Surgenor Pontiac, Bucikm GMC, ACS, SPi, Hugger Covers, Camaro Country F-Body Group, Tyler Construction, Choko Apparel, Oshawa Holiday Inn, the City of Oshawa, and to all those that I have missed thank you. Without all of your support this past weekend's events would have not been possible. Thank you all for your support!

Now that I have blabbered on I'll move along to the reason why I created this thread. Saturday night the raffle for the event was held and I was lucky enough to be the recipient of the grand prize of the evening, "Camaro - A Legend Reborn" the book, with a little twist .

The book was signed by the plant workers! There are over 125 autographs from the line workers, to the engineers, to the plant manager, to Al Oppenheiser!

Cover

Inside Cover

Next Page

Page with Al Oppenheiser's Signature

Al Oppenheiser's Signature

The person who made this prize possible

2nd to Last Page

Last Page

Book Rear Cover

I will cherish this book in the same way that I cherish my litho #144 that I received from Mike Judge (Super60). A protective cover has been ordered for the occasions that it comes out of it's display case.

Thanks again to everyone involved in all of this, you all have made this past weekend an event that I will remember forever. Camaro Comradeship is truly amazing .

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)

Last edited by daphatgrant; 08-24-2010 at 02:50 PM.
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Wow! Very nice, congrats!
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Josh, the look on your face when you won was priceless! So very happy you won! It was a pleasure meeting you and look forward to next year!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
Blackhawk6

Drives: Born:18 Sept 2009 #47903
Congrats.................
2010 Camaro 2SS________________________________________Litho#140

Blackhawk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Josh

It was a great pleasure to follow your Camaro from start to finish And of course meeting you , plus winning our autographed book was the icing on the cake Take care and hope to see you again next year .

Best Regards from all of us here in Oshawa.

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Congrats on the win Josh. You defnitely had the right ticket buying strategy.....
Old 08-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Awesome story and congratulations Josh. Thankx for sharing this for those of us that couldn't make the trip to Oshawa. And what an awesome Grand Prize - "Priceless".

I have been following the threads and photos and it seems that you folks, "had a very good time" - to say the least as now I'm seeing all of the signature lines reading "What Happens in Oshawa - Stays in Oshawa"..

Looks like I will definitely be in on the 18 hr drive to Oshawa for the Third Annual BBOMG.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I'll make sure this gets seen

I'm not one for speech's, but this was awesome! Glad to be a part of the "start" of all this - it makes me keep going!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
No one more deserving

Congratulations Josh from all of us @ UPSTATEC5. It is far better than any trophy you could receive! No one is more deserving of this grand prize than you. We said all along that if our ticket was the winning ticket we would give it to you.

Can't wait to see those chairs also! You definitely made out well. We enjoyed going up with you very much. Enjoy it man!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Congrats on the win Josh. You defnitely had the right ticket buying strategy.....
We'll keep that between us... nobody told me it was one arm

Last edited by SS-Eric; 08-24-2010 at 03:50 PM.
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #11
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
We'll keep that between us... nobody told me it was one are
What? One arse?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #12
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
I'm sure there was more than one arse LOL! Congrats again..what a very cool prize to come away with.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
What? One arse?
spelling corrected... Thanks Hylton!
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #14
camarorick

Drives: .
Well deserved !!

Congratulations Josh... You had the right strategy with buying all those tickets

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote