Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103
**Graphic Description**The truth of what happens in IRAQ

A fellow student of mine wrote an account of his time in IRAQ as an assignment.

PLEASE READ!

On an early cold and dust morning during November of 2005, we stage for the attack. With the Syrian border less than a mile to our West and over 1400 Marines and soldiers preparing for the attack, I look at my Marines with utter respect. The past few days were complete chaos. Vehicles, houses and even roads were being completely destroyed right in front of our faces. With everything we had endured since we landed in the combat zone of Iraq, nothing could have prepared us for what we were about to see.
As we attack the town that intelligent had said was reinforced with combat hardened insurgents, we were completely ready to make the enemy die for whatever reason he chose. With accurate sniper fire taking a few Marines out of the fight, we were ready to free the town of evil. With each door that was kicked it, another house now remained in its rightful owners hands.
About three blocks into the town, I take my squad into a house to find a woman laying in the living room floor hold what looked to be a rag. While my other Marines finished clearing the house, I got the translator to speak with the crying lady. That is when I realized what the insurgents were capable of. Inside the rag laid a baby. The baby lay silent and bloodied. With a cut from ear to ear, the baby with obliviously dead. With the rapid rate that the Iraqi lady was speaking, I could not make out what she was saying. The translator soon told me that the insurgents had taken her house in order to attack the Marines as we progressed into the town. Once we had reached an area that the insurgents no longer felt safe, they ran down stairs. Before leaving they looked at the lady and pulled a knife out. Instead of killing her, they took her baby and cut its throat leaving it to bleed out in the mother’s arms.
With this short memory of mine that happened within a time period of only an hour, it changed my life completely. Regardless what you hear or see on the news, no one knows what is really going on in Iraq unless you are on the front lines. You will never see a story like this in the headlines. You will only see death figures of U.S. troops. Why? Because America does not believe they belong in the country of Iraq. For those who think that, then you are probably rolling your eyes right now. I have been there, I have seen it and that is why I am trying to head back into the fight as we speak. With evil men commenting those acts on their own people, I have to ask you one question. Why wouldn’t you want us to hunt them down and kill them? With time at the track were on, those people will be in our backyards doing the exact same thing soon. The evil of the world only wants one thing. BLOOD! It’s time to decide where you stand. Are you going to be the one giving the blood? Or are you going to protect the blood?

Some ****ed up shit!!!!

mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
This is the kind of thing that makes me want to enlist.
Got another 14 months.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
i'm joining the marines when i graduate either high school or college, i can't decide which.
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
When my friend came back from iraq, he did tell us that alot of good is going on out there. And to not let the news get to us.:flag1:
Old 12-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
While many of us have questioned the decisions leading up to the invasion of Iraq, I have never doubted the honor and dignity of a soldier fighting for a free country. Any free democracy can boast the most motivated troops with the best treatment and deserving of the most respect. I'm honored that you solders make these sacrifices so I can live the life I want to live.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
While many of us have questioned the decisions leading up to the invasion of Iraq, I have never doubted the honor and dignity of a soldier fighting for a free country. Any free democracy can boast the most motivated troops with the best treatment and deserving of the most respect. I'm honored that you solders make these sacrifices so I can live the life I want to live.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Truth is, there are a lot of countries where this happens everyday. Should America be there as well? The USA will go broke.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #8
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Truth is, there are a lot of countries where this happens everyday. Should America be there as well? The USA will go broke.
babies get raped and killed here at home, what do we do? let the suspects go free...
now thats some F'd up S

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:18 AM   #9
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalometalik View Post
babies get raped and killed here at home, what do we do? let the suspects go free...
now thats some F'd up S
Yep!