Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
Seriously, When you're driving FOCUS on driving!

http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.c...ave-His-Family

Brian Wood of Relic Entertainment Gave His Life to Save His Family

Relic Entertainment's Brian R. Wood gave his life to save the life of his wife and unborn child. His final moments came at the hands of a speeding female driver, Jordyn B. Weichert, as her Chevy Blazer struck Wood's Subaru, driving on top of it and killing Brian instantly.

Brian's wife, Erin Wood, escaped the accident with a non-life threatening head injury thanks to Brian's final actions. Right before the moment of impact, Brian hit the break and cut the wheel and directed the brunt of the impact upon his side of the vehicle, sparing the life of his wife and unborn child.

A Chevy Blazer, with four occupants, crossed the centre line when the driver tried to take her sweater off while driving, asking the other front passenger to take the wheel at the time.

When Wood braked and swerved slightly, the Blazer continued forward, its momentum driving it over top of the Subaru, the wheels crushing the roof of the smaller car killing Wood and causing his wife to suffer a non-life-threatening head injury as well.

It then launched into the air before crashing to the ground. When it was returned to its wheels, the entire upper portion of the SUV was flat - in line with the hood.

Washington State Patrol found evidence of drug use at the accident scene in the SUV. All of the occupants are well know to police.

"There is quite a drug history there... and we found some evidence of that at the scene so that leads us to believe there were drugs in their systems," said Sgt, Jason Longoria.

Two of the three passengers in the SUV were also killed in the accident. The driver of the SUV, Weichert, is being held on charges of three counts of vehicular homicide and one count of vehicular assault. The third passenger, the one who grabbed the wheel as Weichert attempted to remove her sweater, is being investigated for the same charges.

"He was always sacrificing himself for me and the baby," said Erin Wood.

"He was the most amazing warm-hearted man you would ever meet who loved his job, loved his family, and was just my rock.

"I am not quite sure how I am supposed to live the rest of my life without him. He truly was a gift and I wouldn’t change a thing of any of our moments together.

"(The baby is) due Nov. 5 so it will come quick and then I look forward to seeing little glimpses of Brian in our baby and that gives me a lot of strength right now."

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Brian and the Wood family.
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Wow, just WOW.... That is just so damn sad and was so avoidable.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
torquepower85
keepin it stock

Drives: Chevrolette Corvette Sting Ray 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
"I am not quite sure how I am supposed to live the rest of my life without him. He truly was a gift and I wouldn’t change a thing of any of our moments together.

"(The baby is) due Nov. 5 so it will come quick and then I look forward to seeing little glimpses of Brian in our baby and that gives me a lot of strength right now."
Choked up a little bit right there. :(
torquepower85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Really sad story...it always sucks when the person who is responsible doesn't die...

On a side note...I can't picture what he did to save his family...I can't imagine him turning the car so he could get the impact...was it head on? Rear ended?
Old 09-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquepower85 View Post
Sad and completely avoidable. :(
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #6
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Really sad story...it always sucks when the person who is responsible doesn't die...

On a side note...I can't picture what he did to save his family...I can't imagine him turning the car so he could get the impact...was it head on? Rear ended?

Moments before the ''head on collision'' was about to take place it appears he cranked the wheel HARD to the right, putting his driver side as the initial contact point, sparing his family..
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
Moments before the ''head on collision'' was about to take place it appears he cranked the wheel HARD to the right, putting his driver side as the initial contact point, sparing his family..
Now that's a ****ing GOOD man. He proved what kind of man he was. I hope that if I'm ever in this situation this is what I do for my wife to be.

I feel awful for the family (wife/kid) and I hope the driver survived... maimed and has to live with the guilt for the rest of her life. Death is too easy a cop out for a tragedy like this.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
another lost life because of a moron on the road. not only makes me sad, it pi$$es me off..
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Good man in his professional life as well as personal. RIP Brian Wood.

The hell with the idiots in that SUV. I like the tidbit on how they are well know drug users to the local PD, then what the hell are they doing on the streets? I bet they were tried and let go because of some stupid plea bargain prior to this accident.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
They should charge the driver with Manslaughter.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #11
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Why is it the innocent suffer for idiots mistakes.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
Wow, just WOW.... That is just so damn sad and was so avoidable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquepower85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Sad and completely avoidable. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
another lost life because of a moron on the road. not only makes me sad, it pi$$es me off..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudack View Post
They should charge the driver with Manslaughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Why is it the innocent suffer for idiots mistakes.

+1

There are no words............:(
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #13
maxpower5

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
awful tragedy, great guy (saving his family). i hope his child hears about what he did to save them. good luck to the wife/child. my prayers are with them.
maxpower5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #14
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
The driver of the SUV, Weichert, is being held on charges of three counts of vehicular homicide and one count of vehicular assault. The third passenger, the one who grabbed the wheel as Weichert attempted to remove her sweater, is being investigated for the same charges.

I hope both get convicted! ****ing idiots, excuse my typing, but I have no better words.

RIP Brian Wood, God has a place for you for what you sacrificed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Erin Wood and child. Hopefully they'll be blessed even more so after this.