Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
Betblak

Drives: 2010 BlackneSS
Power seat harness

I tried searching but might not have guessed the right way to phrase the issue....

Anyone else having a problem with the power seats working one minute then not working the next?

I would probably never have noticed if I was the only person ever in the driver's seat. But after getting the oil changed and having "the guy" park it up front for me, I noticed my knees making a little too much contact with the dash as I tried to take my spot in the cockpit of "Black Sunshine". I tried adjusting the seat far enough back to make it comfortable for my 18-pack abs and the button No-Worky. Several attempts and Chris Farley-esque tirades later it suddenly moved.

I've narrowed it down to the harness, everytime the button doesn't work, I reach underneath and pull on the harness and the button suddenly responds. I guess I'm on my way to the dealership to find out how long this will take to fix as I'm certain a harness isn't something on the shelf next to the oil filter and such.

Just an FYI on that harness underneath your seat if you run into this too.
Betblak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
Uncle Harvey

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
I had a similar issue last night. I tried to let the seat back and it would not move. Every time I pushed the button the lights dimmed on the car. I kept messing with the button and the seat worked a little but only moved forward. Ofter playing with it a little while, the seat was all the way forward and would not move back. I was 1.5 hours from home and had to drive with my big belly pressed against the steering wheel. When I got up this morning it worked fine. I will have to take it to the dealer. I will post again, when they give me an answer to this problem.
Uncle Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote