Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Best Buy Rewardzone Gamer's Club

I dont know how many of you are familiar with this but its worth signing up for. It costs nothing and most games, as long as you pre order them before release they provide you with a $10 Reward certificate to use on anything in their store that totals $10 or more. Plus everytime you accumulate $150 in game purchases they send you out another $10 certificate. I have received enough points to cover the price of 1 complete game this year so far.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/off...ferCode=GCANON
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Only thing I will buy from them is TVs. And often I have to REALLY try to hold back when I hear someone there giving the 'Oh this $80 HDMI cable is TOTALLY worth it, the picture quality is so much better'
Old 10-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
irocnroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Only thing I will buy from them is TVs. And often I have to REALLY try to hold back when I hear someone there giving the 'Oh this $80 HDMI cable is TOTALLY worth it, the picture quality is so much better'
Lol HDMI cable pricing is ridiculous there. Paying for all that extra shielding that you dont need on a Digital signal. I worked for them for 3 years a long time ago and I wont even let them go through their sales pitch. Do all my research online first and just give them a list of what I want. Tell them dont bother with trying to add on accessories or service plans. Just stick to the list.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Lol HDMI cable pricing is ridiculous there. Paying for all that extra shielding that you dont need on a Digital signal. I worked for them for 3 years a long time ago and I wont even let them go through their sales pitch. Do all my research online first and just give them a list of what I want. Tell them dont bother with trying to add on accessories or service plans. Just stick to the list.
I almost intervened when one guy was pitching the cables to an older couple. But they decided not to buy the TV there anyway.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Only if it's a Monster brand cable!
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
I switched to all HDMI cables when I found them on overstock.com for 5 dollars each.

Best 40 dollars I ever spent.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
MAGfuz

Drives: VR 2SS Convertible
monoprice.com has some good deals on HDMI cables as well. The only time you need MONSTER cables is when you need to run a cable 30+ feet.

I also like everytime I get a ps3 game and the cashier asks if I want a protection plan (applies for any game store, not just BB). I just laugh and say no. Unless I take my keys/knife to it, BD wont scratch!

TEAM LS3!
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Gotta jump in on this Highjack... I now have had 2 MAJOR issues with service at Best Buy.

1st was 2 years ago, when I was buying my first HD TV. I spent a month researching, price shopping, etc. My local Fry's had the TV I wanted for $400 less than Best Buy, but Fry's is kinda known for sucky service. SO I went to Best Buy and asked to have them price match Fry's. Lond story short, 1 hour later, the store manager asked me to get the F#$% out of his store... (Santana Row, for u Norcal people).

I went on a 2 year Boycott, until last january.

They had a package deal for HD TV's and Tivo. Well my buddy needed a Tivo, and I needed a TV for gaming. Picked one out, got a decent deal.

2 weeks ago, I went to turn on the PS3 and TV... But the TV wont turn on. After being on the phone for over an hour, I got an appointment for monday for the repair guy to come out.

Long story short, Its still broken. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with them and they cant seem to figure it out.

I am back on my boycott of Best Buy.

Thread Jack OVER!

J
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #9
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
There! It's insane everywhere! They know people are stupid and take total advantage of them. I needed one for a smaller tv I had bought and went all over looking for a reasonably priced one since I didn't want to wait days for one over the internet. Everywhere was selling them for $50-60 minimum. I was like WTF! I ended up getting one at CVS (odd I know) for $17 and I still feel like I got screwed with my pants on. lol

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #10
irocnroll

Whenever woot.com has their wootoffs I pickup the cables for 4.99 a piece to to have for later use. They usually have 12fters.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
1st was 2 years ago, when I was buying my first HD TV. I spent a month researching, price shopping, etc. My local Fry's had the TV I wanted for $400 less than Best Buy, but Fry's is kinda known for sucky service.
I always tell people to go ask a bunch of questions at Best Buy then write down what they want and goto Fry's. It's crappy service there, but if you know what you want, it's not so bad.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:12 AM   #12
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
I got a 2 pack of HDMI for 10 bucks and compared it to other HDMI it has same graphic quality and been working for over a year
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote