Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 AM   #1
Steppenwolf1980

Drives: Chevy Camaro & Opel Speedster Turbo
SS Steering wheel for LT Model

Hi guys,

I want to upgrade my LT1 Camaro with all the leather parts. Can I use the leather wrapped steering wheel from the SS model? Of course I need the additional harness for the radio controls, but does the wheel itself fit in the LT model? I guess so, at least they look exactly the same and I can't imagine that they used a different steering rack in the SS... I'll appreciate any sure answer!

Cheers, Marcus
Steppenwolf1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:08 AM   #2
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Im not sure if its a direct bolt on the mechanical side but the SS is made into the steering wheel itself. Something you may want to consider. I would recommend just get the 2LT steering wheel. Its leather. Just some food for thought.
BTW welcome to Camaro5!
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
Steppenwolf1980

Thanks for the welcome! I don't know if I undestood that right now, but my aim is not to have the "SS" badge in my car, but a leather wrapped steering wheel. I am asking because there are some used SS steering wheels offered at ebay, so I wonder if I just could get one and mount it in my car. Has nothing to do with the badge, I don't care what's written there. Just need to know if I can buy one used SS steering wheel for my LT. Thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #4
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
I dont see why mechanical you cant however the SS badge on the 2SS steering wheel can not be removed. That's why I suggest of you could find a used 2LT steering wheel. Its leather and no worries of an SS badge

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
DSV (a sponsor on this site) makes a leather wheel that can be customized to your specifications. They make some very nice stuff. Heres a link.. http://www.***********.com/dsv-customs PM Indpowr if you have any questions and he can help you out.
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #6
Steppenwolf1980

Sorry, but I guess you don't get the point: I don't care to have a SS sign on the steering wheel or not. The badge doesn't matter at all. I just want to know if I can mount the steering wheel from the V8 into a V6, because I've been offered a used one. Forget about the badge.

@Maro: Thanks, I know DSV. But I don't want a customized steering wheel either. I just want to know if a OEM steering wheel from the V8 will work to build in my V6.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
cubjag

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
The 2LT comes with the exact leather steering wheel that is in the SS without the SS logo. That is the one he is suggesting you buy.

Either one will fit.
cubjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #8
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
yes it will fit...trying to get the controls to work will require additional parts...but the steering wheel itself will fit...
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
just get the 2LT steering wheel
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Steppenwolf1980, YES the one you have been offered will fit, and since you don't care if it has the logo on it or not, go for it, its all up to you.....oh and btw, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #11
Steppenwolf1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron8879 View Post
yes it will fit...trying to get the controls to work will require additional parts...but the steering wheel itself will fit...
That's all I wanted to hear, thanks!

And thanks for the welcome, of course!