Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
rodzilla164

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro 1SS
Idiot Parolee driver hits my ABM

I haven't driven my ABM SS for about month since its been cold and raining in Fresno. On December 30th it was sunny so I decided to uncover her and take her out for the day. About two hours later, I stopped to get gas. As I was leaving the gas station, I see a van turn into the driveway of the gas station lot. I can tell that the female driver wasn't paying attention because i noticed she had her head turned and was looking away. All I could see is the Chevy emblem of the full size van coming towards me.

Well she hit me on the driver's side door and left rear tire. After impact, I could not get out of my car since the door was jammed. The driver and her six passengers jumped out of the van and immediately said, "You were speeding motherfu$*#r. I yelled out that I was stopped!! I had to kick my driver's door open. When I was able to get out of my car, the female driver tried walking away. One of her "friends" moved the van out of the roadway. Playing stupid, I asked who was driving the van? All of the passengers said "I don't know." I asked the guy who moved the van out of the roadway and he gave me a prompt, "F&*k you." I turned to the female who was trying to blend into the crowd and I told her to come here. Another passnger in the van said came to her aid and said, "We may have to jump you" and started to walk towards me and it became obvious he did not want to introduce himself. Well, I finally had enough. Unfortunately for him, I am a Police Sergeant and I promptly introduced him to the angry end of my .40cal buddy named Beretta. Needless to say all hostilities ceased at that point. I called for my on duty buddies and it was game over.

The female driver, lied three times about her name. After a "come to Jesus" talk from me, she admitted driving the van and lied because she was running from parole, had drug warrants, she was 8 months pregnant, had a suspended license and didn't want to have her kid in prison. Unfortunately for her mouthy friends, they had warrants as well. All three went to jail and i impounded the van.

All of them worked for a door to door vaccum cleaner place. The company is insured so my insurance is making them pay for my car. Nobody was injured. But my car suffered about $8000 worth of damage. The entire left side was smashed and dented. The door was bent warped the front fender. My rim was bent and rear tire punctured. So far all body damage and no suspension damage. Probably looking at a month until she is up and running again. Trust me, looks worse in person than the pictures depict. Oh and the only damage to the van was my ABM paint on the van's front bumper.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
I'm going to read it right now, but seeing this is like getting kicked in the nuts!!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
wow, that really sux
Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
OUCH! THAT SUCKS!

I wonder what would've happened had you not had a badge? I'm guessing if it were me I would be filing an uninsured motorist claim while the driver would've walked away.

Nice that you got some jackasses off the streets at least for a day or two.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Ouch ! Good luck, hope it comes out good as new !
Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
rodzilla164

well if she would have gotten away, yeah i would have been up a creek badge or not. But since I witnessed her driving and I did have a badge, she got what she deserved. Sucks my car was messed up, but nobody was hurt and she wont be doing that again anytime soon
Old 01-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #8
rodzilla164

Hey there Scatterguns!!!

Ed, hmmm...I wonder who's police car that was in that picture in your signature??? HAHAHHAHAHHA
Old 01-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #9
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
My Friend, I am soooo sorry...I don't even know what to say! However, I'm glad you were packin'! I'm sure you could have handled it even if you weren't, but it was a was to diffuse the situation without it escalating!

Hey, if we have any get togethers and you get an itch to drive, I'll toss you the keys and I'll ride SShotgun for the day!!!!

P.S. I'm glad you weren't hurt!!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Im soo sorry to hear.
The same thing happened to me, I was sideswiped as well and the repair from my dealer gave me more stress and more heart ache then the accident itself.
They replaced my fender only and repaired everything else including the rear quarter. The repair job is beyond crap and I say is because I just got my baby back after a month and she is going to another shop to hopefully be repaired to what she was before.
I really hope the repair job is done right, my car does not look the same and it breaks my heart.
Unbelievable sotry, the driver who hit me also tried to lie and say it was my fault.
Good luck with your car and keep us posted, glad to hear your safe
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
rodzilla164

Thanks Buddy!!! At this rate, looks like Becka is getting her car before i get mine!!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #12
X_Ruin_X

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via Skype™ to X_Ruin_X
That hurts just to look at man.

I'm sorry you had to experience that.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #13
rodzilla164

Thanks TJ...the body shop here is replacing my rim, tire, rear quarter, door and fixing my front quarter since that part wasn't that bad. This guy does great work but I am worried about the paint matching....I will keep everybody posted!!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #14
LuckyWife

Drives: Victoria
Ouch...that hurts Rod! Are you going after diminished value??

But might I just add that you had a hell of wax job on your car!!