Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
boomskeet

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT - Cyber Gray
Send a message via AIM to boomskeet
Need help/opinions on new mods

Hey guys, I currently am considering doing a few things to my car and I want to know what your opinions are.

I currently have flowmasters AT agreessive axle back and want my car to sound louder and possibly reduce the rasp. I also want the most bang for my buck so notthing too expensive. Could I cut out anything from my car to make it louder without increasing the rasp? How much better would my car sound with a CAI?

I appreciate any inout so please let me know.

THANKS A MILLION IF YOU READ ALL THIS

all my mods done by myself and borrowing friends' tools

Performance:
flowmaster AT axle back exhaust

Cosmetic:
Matte Black Grand Sport stripes, Matte Black Powder Coated 18" stock rims, Matte Black Rear blackout panels, Matte Black Tinted rear lights, Carbon Fiber DiNoc emblems, Carbon Fiber DiNoc rear light surround bezels, GTS headlight black outs, Street Scenes rear spoiler, Decepticon gas cap

AKA The "Decepticon" Camaro
boomskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
drex1999

Drives: 77 Vette, 10 1LT
CAI's make your car louder and have a decent performance bump. It should be your next option no matter what.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
You gotta get rid of the stock resonators in the middle of the exhaust system first. I replaced mine with AR25 Aeroturbines but, they are a match for the MRT V1 axlebacks I already had. Not sure if they would work with your setup. To reduce the rasp, you gotta match the back pressure between the two....
Old 01-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
You can use a Magnaflow resonated x pipe and will get rid of all or most drone and the rasp. But it wont make it louder, but more smooth and deep but probably more quiet. What I have in my sig is more quiet revving at idle then a magnaflow catback.You need some kind of resonator in there or it will be more raspy.Go MRT 1 and would be louder I think.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, cutout, exhaust