Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
Career choices

Well soon I will need to make a decision about what path I wish to go down for my college studies. I am a business-undecided major. I have an idea as to what specific field I want to go down, management.

My dad has always worked on cars, the manual labor side, until he got the opportunity to own his own business. I used to work for him and learned a little bit about the trade (auto body) and he always told me to go for something that requires brains, so I get out of the heat and sweaty side of working and make my life easier while making more money.

There are still other paths out there and wanted to know what other people who study business, work in the field, or have any insight on the topic think.

Ultimately I would love to work for GM or at the least in the automotive field but on the "white collar" side of things. Although I have an idea of what I want to do I don't really know of the exact positions out there, what could I actually do with a business degree, maybe even an MBA.

Thanks in advance -James
Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
do what I am planning on doing, get your MBA With a back ground in Automotive tech, you can do alot with that & keep it up, you can also become a managar of a dealership or a shop with that.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
do what I am planning on doing, get your MBA With a back ground in Automotive tech, you can do alot with that & keep it up, you can also become a managar of a dealership or a shop with that.
Where are you getting your automotive schooling, or are you learning on your own?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyFour View Post
Where are you getting your automotive schooling, or are you learning on your own?
right now I am currently not enrolled in a College (hopefully this fall or next), when I go I am going to one of the local Tech colleges since I cant get down to Wyotech lol.

WHat I have learned I have learn by listening to people & doing

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
Aspire to achieve your very best but IMHO, you can take your talent anywhere other than the automotive industry. Do some research on blogs/sites within the field that you are pursuing. You will gain some insight as to what others feel are the pros/cons of the type of company they are working for. It’s always good to have a goal.