Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
2 more fix it tickets, cost?

On the 210 on the way to work this morn, doin the speed limit, got one for tinted Windows, and not having my new sticker on my tag, it was in the dash, apparently i forgot to stick it on. Both correctable. #s are 26708c and 52046c, I think, hard to read. Any idea on what they cost? It's a dam pods off...I seen him pull over 2 more cars too, right away.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
caper

Piss off , not pods, lol...auto correct on my phone ugh.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Not sure on the cost, but I can't believe he gave the fix it for the registration stickers when you had them in the car and just forgot to put them on.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
caper

Yep, I handed it to him, still stapled to the paper from dmv, I know though eh...
Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
fix it tickets are more common now due to the economy is my guess. My wife just got one the other night for a headlight out...$190 fine if not fixed.
$190...?!!!!! I paid $220 for doing 120+ 3 years ago ( had to spank a Vette).. the times are a changing
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
caper

Oh, and it expired end of Dec. It's not like it was off for several months.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Guys, expect more tickets, California needs the money, especially from people w/nice cars.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
caper

Ok, its 25 each one fixed...so its 50 total for both, BUT, I'll have to remove the tint and get it signed off, then pay 50 to have it put back on...crappy...my next question is this, does anyone know if this will show up if I get pulled over again?. I ask because, ive gotten a no front plate before, had it signed off, then took it off. This Chp didn't even look at the front or mention it....
Old 02-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
Kunihiro

Drives: 2010 Charcoal Gray, 2SS/RS
I'll give you a hint and some options here:

Since they are fix it tickets, your fines won't be as high, but you'll still have to pay the administrative court fees.

Now, I'm not sure where you were at on the 210, your info shows IE, so I'm presuming somewhere on the 210 between Big Bear and the west end of S.G. Valley.

If you take it to the court of jurisidiction to get your vehicle inspected, you will pay a Sheriff's Dept. fee to get it inspected, then pay the administrative court cost fee's to get the signed off ticket processed within the court.

If you take the vehicle and citation to your local CHP area office, they will sign it off at no cost to you. However, you stilll have to take the "signed off" citation to your court of jurisdiction for completion and pay the administrative court cost fee's.

Hope this helps....

2SS/RS, CGM, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pfadt Suspension, Airaid intake

71 RS Camaro (Sold)
Z Car (Sorry, Nissan 350Z)
Kunihiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #10
dougpaw57

Drives: 2011 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to dougpaw57 Send a message via Skype™ to dougpaw57
I was told by a CHP officer (neighbor) that a second offense for no front plate was $350, not a fix-it. I put the front plate on this last weekend after one year of "living dangerously."
dougpaw57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #11
caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougpaw57 View Post
I was told by a CHP officer (neighbor) that a second offense for no front plate was $350, not a fix-it. I put the front plate on this last weekend after one year of "living dangerously."
really??? oh poop...i guess i will throw mine on somehow too. i wonder if tint is the same thing, cause i will want to retint them. i know police dont like tint, but thats why (like today) i rolled the widows down, shut off the car and put my hands on the wheel...i respect their job, but what he did today was pure revenue generating. i was actually surprised he pulled me, for all the talk about all the officers that die on the side of a highway...he pulled over a car for missing its sticker AFTER he checked on the radio AND KNEW my plates were valid. seems like a pretty stupid reason to risk sitting on the 210. oh and they expired in jan...not like it was way out of date!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
Speed Kills
Live to Drive

Drives: 2010 IBM RS/SS, 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Kunihiro is correct. There will be administrative fees. As for rolling down the windows, I got pulled two summers ago simply because I had tinted windows, so rolling them down was useless.

I put my front plate on finally. There is a thread here on how to do it without drilling.

As much as it upsets me, and the state need $$, I have chosen to tint my windows, so if I get a ticket, I have no one to blame but myself.
Speed Kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #13
dougpaw57

Drives: 2011 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to dougpaw57 Send a message via Skype™ to dougpaw57
Funny thing I learned in traffic school (don't ask), is that traffic fines in CA alone in 2008 totalled over $9 Billion. Yes, Billion with a B. I guess that since the hippy governor can't raise taxes, they'll just quadriple the court fees and tell all the cops to hand out 30% more tickets.
dougpaw57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #14
caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post
Kunihiro is correct. There will be administrative fees. As for rolling down the windows, I got pulled two summers ago simply because I had tinted windows, so rolling them down was useless.

I put my front plate on finally. There is a thread here on how to do it without drilling.

As much as it upsets me, and the state need $$, I have chosen to tint my windows, so if I get a ticket, I have no one to blame but myself.
i rolled them down so he wouldnt think i was trying to pull some crap on him (also had my hands onthe wheel and car off). aside from a few mods to my car,im a law abiding person and don't want to make an officers job harder than it needs to be, but at the same time, in the few minutes i seen this guy he ruined 3 peoples days before 7am, and for minor things at that (at least mine IMO).

you know i seen a car blow through a school zone the other day WITH kids in the cross walk, what was behind him...a officer...the cop didnt even pull him over...that guy get away with almost hitting 2 kids, and i get pulled and ticketed for a sticker and tint. i KNOW the cop seen it, i was stopped myself and he was BEHIND the guy that ripped through. anyhow...theres worse out there, but that doesnt excuse my tint either i guess...