Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Dealer just called........I'm in!!

Ok, not a lot to share here, but my dealer just called and said that their regional sales manager called them this morning and told them they could preference (1) of their pre-solds to be built in the first batch. Since I am #1 on the list since August 2006, they submitted mine. He wouldn't even speculate on dates at this point, and I'm glad they didn't try to. They have been a great dealer to deal with and always told it like it is. If they don't know, they don't BS you.

Basically, I'm just excited to have gotten the call and to realize that I am this close to getting my new addition to the BowtieBrigade Family.

Man, what a day!?! This is gonna be a tougher wait than the last two years.

Good luck everyone........it won't be long.

I know you've heard it before, but a BIG THANKS to the guys and gals to the north that are building our beloved Camaro.
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
Ok, not a lot to share here, but my dealer just called and said that their regional sales manager called them this morning and told them they could preference (1) of their pre-solds to be built in the first batch. Since I am #1 on the list since August 2006, they submitted mine. He wouldn't even speculate on dates at this point, and I'm glad they didn't try to. They have been a great dealer to deal with and always told it like it is. If they don't know, they don't BS you.

Basically, I'm just excited to have gotten the call and to realize that I am this close to getting my new addition to the BowtieBrigade Family.

I know you've heard it before, but a BIG THANKS to the guys and gals to the north that are building our beloved Camaro.
You got that right my friend...
Old 02-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Congrats

I want my car!!!

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
mcernik

Drives: Rally Yellow SS/RS VIN # 3931
I emailed my dealer this morning about the concensus and allocation as well.

This was the reply:

Hi Mike,

Yes we did get the news and yours is the first one being built. Can't wait to see it.

Have a good day

Whoo Hoo, looks like Im In as well!
mcernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
If you don't mine sharing who did you order from.I ordered through Rick Hendrick in Cary and have felt like I had to give them info on the 2010 Camaro.It took me 30 minutes on Friday to convince them that they were not going to get all 18 of there allocation picked up.I finally got the sales manager to make a phone call to find out where to look to see how many they got on there concesus on Friday.I have been given so much info that I knew was not true that it wasn't even funny.I think they mean well, but just have little knowledge of the 2010 Camaro.It sounds like your dealer has been alot better to deal with.Looks like you will be getting your Camaro soon.
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
dreamcamaro09

Drives: 2009 Challenger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
If you don't mine sharing who did you order from.I ordered through Rick Hendrick in Cary and have felt like I had to give them info on the 2010 Camaro.It took me 30 minutes on Friday to convince them that they were not going to get all 18 of there allocation picked up.I finally got the sales manager to make a phone call to find out where to look to see how many they got on there concesus on Friday.I have been given so much info that I knew was not true that it wasn't even funny.I think they mean well, but just have little knowledge of the 2010 Camaro.It sounds like your dealer has been alot better to deal with.Looks like you will be getting your Camaro soon.
I know how you feel. Everytime I go into the dealer I feel like I have to inform them of whats new instead of the other way around.
dreamcamaro09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcernik View Post
I emailed my dealer this morning about the concensus and allocation as well.

This was the reply:

Hi Mike,

Yes we did get the news and yours is the first one being built. Can't wait to see it.

Have a good day

Whoo Hoo, looks like Im In as well!
Good for you, I e-mailed mine Sat, and havnt heard jack
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post

Very jealous of you sir!! Congrats though
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
Bobby Murray

Yeah, I went to their last car show they had a while back right before the unveiling of the ZR1 and one of the salesman come out talking to me about my 68 and I started feeling him out to see what they knew. This was right after ordering started too. He told me they were getting 75 and they would be there by the end of December. I knew they were uneducated then. The following Wed when we went back for the ZR1 event, the dealer manager made an announcement that they had 2 allocations left of their 18......not 75. Sad that the point men at some dealerships don't know what they are talking about.

Good luck. Maybe as details become more inline, all of the dealerships will be more knowledgeable. Think how confused we are at times and we are all in the know so to speak.

I should add, that I ordered a 2SS/RS. He didn't mention any constraints, but I wouldn't be surprised if something comes up. Fingers crossed that it won't though.
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #10
EllwynX

Only response I got when I asked about the consensus thing was that there was 'no word on my order yet'. That wasn't even what I asked... Ugh.

I sent another eMail in response that I hope clarifies the matter more.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
congrats. you must be getting excited like crazy!!!!

My dealer emailed me back today, and said his consensus for the first month was 0.. :( but still promised mine would be the first one to be ordered. maybe april for me.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #12
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Congrats. Hope you get it soon.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting to see what the next consensus brings. My dealer (4 allocations) was not given any for this first term.

Although I am first on their list...when they do get one...2SS/RS/M6

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
JJ2010

I am happy for you and look foward to seeing it on the Streets around Smithfield.
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #14
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

Congrats, take a lot of pic's and post them when you get yours

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote