Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Cold Air Induct. and Throttle Response question

I' m installing a Roto Fab this weekend on my 1lt manual. My question has to do with throttle response. I notice that when I just flick the gas pedal while in neutral the throttle response is a bit weak, is that do to the cableless computerized throttle setup? Will the CAI make any significant difference TR or is the CAI only beneficial when moving and with forced air.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Throttle response should be better. I have an Injen short ram, and it seems like it got more responsive after the install.

Some of it probably has to do with the computer though. There have been a few times when I've hit the pedal pretty hard, and there was some hesitation. It was like the computer needed a sec to think? Anyway, mines also an auto, so that could've been part of the problem.

Anyway, I don't have the Roto, but it's gotten some nice reviews. It should be a worthwhile improvement

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Vararam has the shortest distance from cold air filter to throttle body. I've noticed a large increase in response.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I was gonna go with the Volant, but instead I ordered the Roto-fab yesterday, will be shipping out today and should get it early next week.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PercyJWellingtonIII View Post
I' m installing a Roto Fab this weekend on my 1lt manual. My question has to do with throttle response. I notice that when I just flick the gas pedal while in neutral the throttle response is a bit weak, is that do to the cableless computerized throttle setup? Will the CAI make any significant difference TR or is the CAI only beneficial when moving and with forced air.
You will Notice a difference in TR, but to get all the TR available a Tune would be necessary.

Yes the Computer decides how fast to open the throttle, Our tune makes it More like a Cable.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Thing is you're posting in the wrong section.

The OP has a V6 and most are responding here assuming you have the V8 since you posted in the V8 section.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote