Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Washed my car on day one and noticed wheel damage.

My front wheel looks like they laid it on the ground with the wrong side down when they were putting the wheels on. I already paid for the car and declined their wheel insurance offer. If I call the dealer Monday, do you think they will help me or will it be a sorry pal sucks to be you type of thing.
I had to have bought the car this way.
Since I got it Saturday it was not detailed. I washed it myself and did not see it until after the dealer was closed.

It is not the end of the world but being brand new you would like to see a perfect car on day one.
The wheel seem like they have a coating on them that got damaged. Is there an easy fix or a way to touch it up? If I get around to it I will add a picture. I have the wheel upgrade package.

Last edited by Pollock; 03-27-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
My front wheel looks like they laid it on the ground with the wrong side down when they were putting the wheels on. I already paid for the car and declined their wheel insurance offer. If I call the dealer Monday, do you think they will help me or will it be a sorry pal sucks to be you type of thing.
I had to have bought the car this way.
Since I got it Saturday it was not detailed. I washed it myself and did not see it until after the dealer was closed.

It is not the end of the world but being brand new you would like to see a perfect car on day one.
The wheel seem like they have a coating on them that got damaged. Is there an easy fix or a way to touch it up? If I get around to it I will add a picture. I have the wheel upgrade package.
I believe they are clear coated in the same way the paint on your car, but I could be wrong.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
They should swap out the wheel like they did mine, as a courtesy. I found a chip in the rim when I got it home on first day.

And you got ripped off on the "Wheel insurance". Read the fine print: it says it only covers "road hazard" damage like pot holes in the road which doesn't include hitting a curb. It's one of the best scams going. I'll bet the finance guy convinved you to throw it in, right? Only a few bucks a month? It's pure profit for the dealership because you will never use it.

You have a few days to cancel that crap with no penalty. Do, but only AFTER they give you a new wheel, or they won't be so nice.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
Pollock
LT4 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I believe they are clear coated in the same way the paint on your car, but I could be wrong.
That is how it looks.. So could the wheel simply need a sand and respray? The clear coat is damaged.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Pollock
LT4 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
They should swap out the wheel like they did mine, as a courtesy. I found a chip in the rim when I got it home on first day.

And you got ripped off on the "Wheel insurance". Read the fine print: it says it only covers "road hazard" damage like pot holes in the road which doesn't include hitting a curb. It's one of the best scams going. I'll bet the finance guy convinved you to throw it in, right? Only a few bucks a month? It's pure profit for the dealership because you will never use it.

You have a few days to cancel that crap with no penalty. Do, but only AFTER they give you a new wheel, or they won't be so nice.

As I mentioned above I declined the tire and wheel insurance. Sounded shaddy to me.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
That is how it looks.. So could the wheel simply need a sand and respray? The clear coat is damaged.
Possibly but don't take my word on it, I would send a PM to Junkman (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/member.php?u=21026) he will be able to help you!
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
I had some curb rash on the really nice rims on my G8 GXP. Dealer was able to repair them fairly easy. I was surprised at how good it looked after the repair, as if nothing happened. See if they've got someone to do it and ask them to do it as a favor. Especially if you just bought the car. Some dealers do care about happy customers.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Quote:
As I mentioned above I declined the tire and wheel insurance. Sounded shaddy to me.
My bad. Ok, be nice and ask them to replace it. You need to do it asap, obviously. They swapped my rim with tire (since mileage was under 100mi) with another car on the lot. They took 30 minutes (!) to program the TPS for that wheel.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
Pollock
LT4 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
I had some curb rash on the really nice rims on my G8 GXP. Dealer was able to repair them fairly easy. I was surprised at how good it looked after the repair, as if nothing happened. See if they've got someone to do it and ask them to do it as a favor. Especially if you just bought the car. Some dealers do care about happy customers.

Padre

They did ask me to please rate them highly when GM sends me the customer survey. I could hint that a fixed wheel will help me give an excellent review.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
Pollock
LT4 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
My bad. Ok, be nice and ask them to replace it. You need to do it asap, obviously. They swapped my rim with tire (since mileage was under 100mi) with another car on the lot. They took 30 minutes (!) to program the TPS for that wheel.

My car had the only set of wheels on the lot. It is a small dealer. I don't see why they cant sand it then respray.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
They did ask me to please rate them highly when GM sends me the customer survey. I could hint that a fixed wheel will help me give an excellent review.
I wouldn't hint. Just say, "I'd appreciate it if you guys fix this up for me, and it will help add to the already excellent rating I was going to give you." And smile.

If they balk or make you feel small, just sadly shake your head, "shucks, I was hoping to give an excellent rating..." But don't start with that, obviously.

Really, dealers are just regular guys. Treat them right, they'll do the same, build up a relationship and you'll always be able to count on them.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
Pollock
LT4 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
I wouldn't hint. Just say, "I'd appreciate it if you guys fix this up for me, and it will help add to the already excellent rating I was going to give you." And smile.

If they balk or make you feel small, just sadly shake your head, "shucks, I was hoping to give an excellent rating..." But don't start with that, obviously.

Really, dealers are just regular guys. Treat them right, they'll do the same, build up a relationship and you'll always be able to count on them.

Padre

I will obviously start out as a nice guy! I am sure they will do what they need to do to make me happy. bought the car with 17 miles and I have roughly 80 miles now. Most of the miles were from the drive home.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #13
Moni
H-Town Camaro Club VP

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Definitely take it back even if you didn't get the wheel coverage they should take responsibility for it. It was done on their watch. If they are a good dealer they will take care of you.
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #14
Pollock
LT4 M6

Just got back from the dealer. They are going to replace the rim.