Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #1
cosmin haraga

Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
silver ice metallic

now, is it me or the ice metallic is a lot brighter than the show cars?
the prototype looked a lot more metallic than what I've seen on the auction car.
is it as with the transformer yellow , a different color? came out lemon yellow.
what's the point to advertise one and sell another?
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
It's all about what is cost effective to mass produce. When you are building a $350,000-500,000 or more concept car or movie car, you can put whatever fancy paint on it that you want. When you have to roll them down an assembly line and make money, that is a different story. Additionally, you have other vehicles that come out of the same plant and use the same paint and you can only have so many options. This is probably the case with the yellow and the SIM. However, I saw SIM in person and thought it was beautiful. It is better than it looks in pictures for sure.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Thanks for re-assuring me about SIM. I havent' seen it in person BUT I ordered it. Kinda crazy for me to do something like that, but if I like it in pictures, and you saying it looks better in person, I feel better. So thanks.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
Thanks for re-assuring me about SIM. I havent' seen it in person BUT I ordered it. Kinda crazy for me to do something like that, but if I like it in pictures, and you saying it looks better in person, I feel better. So thanks.
I am telling you that you will love it. Silver and grey are my favorite car colors. I would have ordered SIM or CGM if I were using this car as a daily driver. The SIM car that I saw at the DC autoshow was absolutely beautiful. You won't be disappointed.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmin haraga View Post
now, is it me or the ice metallic is a lot brighter than the show cars?
the prototype looked a lot more metallic than what I've seen on the auction car.
is it as with the transformer yellow , a different color? came out lemon yellow.
what's the point to advertise one and sell another?
In pictures the sim looks a little lighter than the concept, but I haven't seen either in person.
I think if it is different it will be a small difference.

Also, GM never said they were going to make a bumblebee yellow.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
I'm not sure what it was, but I wasn't impressed with the SIM Barrett Jackson car. Of course the lighting comes into play as does the cost of the factory paint. Good to here it looks beautiful in person, Pete. I doubt anyone will be disappointed.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
I'm not sure what it was, but I wasn't impressed with the SIM Barrett Jackson car. Of course the lighting comes into play as does the cost of the factory paint. Good to here it looks beautiful in person, Pete. I doubt anyone will be disappointed.
I'm thinking it was the lighting. I haven't gotten to see a SIM car in person yet, but the paint chip I have looks really nice.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #8
Rodrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
I'm thinking it was the lighting. I haven't gotten to see a SIM car in person yet, but the paint chip I have looks really nice.
- Xanthos
What's up Xanthos? I haven't seen a car or the chip. Good to hear you like it. Is it very metallic, like compared to IBM which looks very metallic in pictures?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I've seen Silver Ice on Malibus and Cobalts (I think), but I would need to see it on a Camaro before I would decide to get it. Mainly because the 4th gens Sebring Silver was so dull, Dull, DULL ! ! It had no pop to it at all. I'm hoping Silver Ice is a lot different--and not just a name change for the 5th gens.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:15 AM   #10
cosmin haraga

Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
me too
I based my buying solely on the silver prototype.
I haven't seen any other colors, nor want, yet I hear I am not getting the 21wheels on 2lt rs, maybe not even the polished silvers but midnight, now I open my eyes to the auction silver........
If they cut back on the ambient lightning, I may cancel and forfeit the downpayment as well, because I'll be getting a totally different car than I wanted.
I am beginning to think I should have bought a used viper or waited a few years on the camaro.
They sure are playing a shity game with the enthusiasts.:(:(
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #11
Rodrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmin haraga View Post
me too
I based my buying solely on the silver prototype.
I haven't seen any other colors, nor want, yet I hear I am not getting the 21wheels on 2lt rs, maybe not even the polished silvers but midnight, now I open my eyes to the auction silver........
If they cut back on the ambient lightning, I may cancel and forfeit the downpayment as well, because I'll be getting a totally different car than I wanted.
I am beginning to think I should have bought a used viper or waited a few years on the camaro.
They sure are playing a shity game with the enthusiasts.:(:(

Hey, Cosmin. You should be able to get the 21 inch wheels or the polished aluminum on a 2LT/RS. I have not seen SIM, but just above this post, camaropete said it is beautiful. Anyone who has not seen the car will be taking a chance on the color, except maybe for those getting black or white. Let's hope the ABL turns out ok...we will see soon now I hope.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #12
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
yea i want SIM too...and i agree with the fact it looks alot lighter in the more recent pictures then in the concept...when i went to the chevy dealership the guy told me it will look like the silver on the other cars and i wasnt really feeling it. it was like a real light silver...not so much of a metal look...so now im not sure if i want it anymore...maybe the cgm will look lighter then it does on the pictures ive seen and it will be more up my alley...idk but i really had my heart set on that concept silver with black stripes =/ of the silver is too light the stripes wont look as good