Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
camaromaybe
CamaroBaby

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
No military discount?

I put my order in this past weekend, I asked my dealer about military discount and he said it wasn't available on the Camaro and that he couldn't even order one for himself at employee pricing. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also I'd like to add that they had practically no knowledge of the car. If I hadn't been spending the past 4-5 months reading these forums my ordering process would've been even more frustrating than it already was. They weren't even sure everything the RS Package included and had no idea about the aftermarket goodies like the ground effects kit and 21 inch wheels the Camaro Black sports. Luckily I remembered an article online that had the RPO codes with better descriptions than their system apparently had and finally my salesperson just got up out there chair and let me google it for them. lol they print it out and gave it to their manager afterwards for future reference.

Also I didn't get anything other than a verbal agreement that it wouldn't be sold to me over MSRP, was anyone able to get something like this in writing?
camaromaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
camaromaybe
CamaroBaby

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I ordered 2SS RS Black, Black Interior, Sunroof, and 21 in wheels from the Camaro Black concept.
camaromaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
My dealer was trying to tell me the same stuff but GM said they are going to be honoring it. However, no supplier/military pricing has been released yet. I don't think dealers have to specify pricing at all when they put in the order, the various prices are on the invoice and they can submit the stuff to get reimbursed (if applicable) for the small amount they may get back from the discount. It's more likely that they just don't want to honor it as they won't be making as much money off ya if they do the military pricing.

Yes, get it in writing. Most of us have.

And PS... Military=Supplier=College Student/Grad=GSU.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
JackoMan

Drives: Shotgun
I was wondering about the military discount myself. Im trying to see what happens with that, Ill let you know if i figure anything out.

Former Cars
'94 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
'01 Volvo C70

"When the train of history goes around a bend, all the intellectuals fall off."
JackoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:13 AM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Unfortunately will all of GM's discounts there is usually a disclaimer that the dealer can decide not to participate in the program...
If you signed up for the military discount on Chevy's website, you can probably find it in there somewhere in the explanation of how it works.