Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Read a lot of these negative posts

And I have to say, some people (not all) are just impatient, and/or expect perfection. Well, everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes companies get behind due to order mixups/suppliers not delivering required parts (back-orders). Oh, and not every part of everything about your Camaro will be perfect the first time. It happens people, most of you just need to calm the #$%* down!

OH, can't wait for the negative comments on this post... bring them on and prove my point! I'm just gonna laugh at you!
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Thank ya!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
patrickt

Drives: still saving!
I agree buddy In a perfect world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
And I have to say, some people (not all) are just impatient, and/or expect perfection. Well, everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes companies get behind due to order mixups/suppliers not delivering required parts (back-orders). Oh, and not every part of everything about your Camaro will be perfect the first time. It happens people, most of you just need to calm the #$%* down!

OH, can't wait for the negative comments on this post... bring them on and prove my point! I'm just gonna laugh at you!
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
another disgruntled vendor? Whats wrong with expecting people to provide what they advertise?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:

well said
Old 04-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #7
patrickt

Drives: still saving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capthowdy View Post
another disgruntled vendor? Whats wrong with expecting people to provide what they advertise?
Because some people expect too much and are very unrealistic. And when they voice an unrealistic expectaion and you tell them the price to make it a reality (overnight shipping etc) they yell at you
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capthowdy View Post
and Road Rage isn't a vendor. He is just a member.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #9
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Just my .02 but, i feel it can be very useful in both ways. It points out who provides what they offer and those who do not. Yes you will have impatient people you simply cannot avoid that. When was the last time you drove a few miles down the road and can honestly say you didn't see at least one person run a red light or a stop sign or tailgate or speeding? You can buy parts right from your living room without ever seeing them with the click of a mouse. That is the way of the world today. Vendors have a totally new crop of literally worldwide customers available to them now they did not have even 15yrs ago.

If i ordered a pizza online and it arrived with all the wrong toppings or i got a sub instead you can bet i'd call and ask where is the food i paid for. Would you just be patient if you paid to get into Disney world and once inside every ride was down for maintenance for the day? How about if you ordered a new Camaro paid in full guaranteed to be delivered in 2 weeks only to have months go by and the dealer stopped taking your calls or emails?

On the flip side, If a vendor provides great service, good price and nice products in a reasonable time then should they not be praised for it? I see negative posts in this section but, i also lot's of very positive ones. I myself have written 2 negative myself but, have about 6 very positive ones as well for vendors.

The other thing vendors must realize as well is that consumers have time limits they must work within as well to recover their monies when things go bad. The single biggest complaint and mistake is not communicating with the buyer. Nobody responds very well to being ignored after they have paid good money for products that either have not arrived when they were supposed to or were wrong or damaged or whatever. It's human nature. I am a business owner myself and i don't like not getting answers either.

I have been buying and selling on the internet since the days of the old BBS systems and one thing is for sure. It's always really easy to get responses before the customer buys and pays. It get's much more difficult far too often after the money has been paid. The reason is simply because it is much more anonymous and your just another order period.

You wouldn't see half the issues you do in this section if these were face to face dealings in a local shop. I get it, no vendor wants to get a bad review in any form. It is more profound when it's instant for the whole world to see online.

This is the price of doing business online though.

I recently bought a Vmax TB i was matter of fact boldly promised i would have in about a week. Took me over 6 weeks to get it. I was very patient because above all the vendor communicated with me what was going on. If that vendor had stopped even communicating it would have been a very different result.

Not bashing the OP just stating IMO why you see these type of posts more often.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

@ Daveagogo TLDR... just note in my post I did say (not all)... so now I'm laughing, just like I said I would!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Here's my comment: Negative...................joke.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #12
coolman

What I can't understand is coming on to a forum to trash a company in the hopes that you get your problem solved. I guess I'm old school ,but I believe in picking up the damn phone and talking to the party directly involved. If I can't call them or go to their location I don't buy from them.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #13
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
@ Daveagogo TLDR... just note in my post I did say (not all)... so now I'm laughing, just like I said I would!

I realize you said not all that's why i essentially agreed with you on a few points and noted it at the bottom of my post. Now there is two of us laughing

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #14
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
I had a recent incident with a vendor on this site and it was resolved in a manner that was beyond my expectation. I was very unhappy, but gave him a chance and was very calm and it paid off. You have to realize that things happen and relax! It's not life and death. There are cases where it doesn't work out well, but those are an exception if you show them some courtesy and try to be understanding.

Tags
silly kids