Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Thumbs down Ordered 10/13 - Confirmed from Chevy Sales Rep 2SS not coming until July!

My dealer principal just spoke to me about the estimated time when I get my car.

Chevy Manufacturer Sales rep was in yesterday - Dealer principal asked about my 2SS/RS - said all dealers will get their one V6 built first, before any pre-ordered "sold" cars would be built for that dealer.

Our dealer MUZI CHEVROLET is not getting our V6 until MAY!! so the Manufacturer Rep said that my car probably won't get here until JULY!

This is not specultion per the rep - it's the fact...

This Blows - I want this car, but then I think I should maybe get something else. I don't know what to do...

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
Rallyman6

Sorry I posted this 2x by accident

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Old 03-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
It all depends on where you are on your dealers priority list and how many your dealer was allocated total. You may have ordered on the first day, but if a couple people came in before you and your dealer has a small allocation, you'll be around late summer. If you're number one, you'll get your car way before July.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Sounds like your dealer has a special inside line to production that no one else has.... Maybe I should be jealous!!!!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
Arioch

Drives: 2010 Camaro Victory Red 2SSRS
I feel your pain. I've got a V6 on order and was told by dealership to move it to V8 if I wanted it sooner due to constraint on V6.

I've got the cash in hand to give to GM but apparently they'd rather wait several more months to take it from me. All the while with the increased chance of additional dealerships folding, GM going into bankruptcy, or me changing my mind and buying a different car because I sold my 2nd car last novemeber and its getting harder each month to not go out and get a 2nd one.

But hey whatever, as long as the dealerships get their freebie V6 cars I guess the world will be right as rain.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
So your dealer has not received any allocation and will not be until may/june? The one-per-dealer v6 is supposed to arrive by May 6th, at the LATEST, to ALL dealers. I find it extremely hard to believe that your car, if you're #1 and your dealer isn't doing anything shady, will not arrive til June.

What was their total production guide number given back in October? Even if it is 1, I HIGHLY doubt that they won't get their one allocation til June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
But hey whatever, as long as the dealerships get their freebie V6 cars I guess the world will be right as rain.
I hope you realize that "freebie" is a misnomer as these cars are certainly being paid for by the dealerships and the customer that buys them.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyman6 View Post
My dealer principal just spoke to me about the estimated time when I get my car.

Chevy Manufacturer Sales rep was in yesterday - Dealer principal asked about my 2SS/RS - said all dealers will get their one V6 built first, before any pre-ordered "sold" cars would be built for that dealer.

Our dealer MUZI CHEVROLET is not getting our V6 until MAY!! so the Manufacturer Rep said that my car probably won't get here until JULY!

This Blows - I want this car, but then I think I should maybe get something else. I don't know what to do...
EDIT: Did he mean just the V6 cars or all the sold orders? If it is all the sold orders I call BS on the REP

of course this is exactly what Fbodfather said would NOT happen....
Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
Miamimatt

Drives: 2 LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyman6 View Post

Just be patient. i now it sucks. but gm has to get the cars on the lot to promote the vehicle. We care on this forum bc we are all gonna buy one anyway but the rest of america needs to see em first. so just wait a little longer and rock on when you get it!!!!
Miamimatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #9
Rallyman6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Sounds like your dealer has a special inside line to production that no one else has.... Maybe I should be jealous!!!!
Our Manufacturers Rep was in for her monthly visit and I am just repeating what my Dealer Principal was told.

That's what I was told, but Dealer Principals and the Rep. could be wrong. ( I hope!)

Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
Rallyman6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
So your dealer has not received any allocation and will not be until may/june? The one-per-dealer v6 is supposed to arrive by May 6th, at the LATEST, to ALL dealers. I find it extremely hard to believe that your car, if you're #1 and your dealer isn't doing anything shady, will not arrive til June.

What was their total production guide number given back in October? Even if it is 1, I HIGHLY doubt that they won't get their one allocation til June.

I hope you realize that "freebie" is a misnomer as these cars are certainly being paid for by the dealerships and the customer that buys them.
We wouldn't do anything shady. Plus, I entered my own car in GM Workbench, built the car myself and now I check my order status daily myself.

I was out yesterday so wasn't able to speak to our rep face-to-face. I will try to give her a call later today.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #11
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
this car doesn't need any promoting just having people driving around in it is enough of a promotion for everyone. what is having a v6 gonna do sitting in the dealership just piss off more people that can't get it but them having one sitting there.
lakers171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers171 View Post
this car doesn't need any promoting just having people driving around in it is enough of a promotion for everyone. what is having a v6 gonna do sitting in the dealership just piss off more people that can't get it but them having one sitting there.
I bet that some dealers will offer their car to the person that is first on the order list for a V6.... Since my dealer is getting 3 V6 cars and Mine is the only V6 sold order then I about bet they will offer one of them to me...
Old 03-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #13
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I bet that some dealers will offer their car to the person that is first on the order list for a V6.... Since my dealer is getting 3 V6 cars and Mine is the only V6 sold order then I about bet they will offer one of them to me...
Why, oh why, do I have an issue with that statement... I just won't even comment- it's too easy.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Why, oh why, do I have an issue with that statement... I just won't even comment- it's too easy.
Just what he told me yesterday..they will get 3 that do not count towards their allocation and that they cannot order themselves.... I guess with so many dealers going out of business some are going to get a few more cars... He did not say they would be getting all three at the same time though...