Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
2010 Ground Effects

I recently modified my order and added the orange accent interior and ground effects package to my 2SS IMO. Is there any particular reason Chevrolet won't let you add the package with the same color as the rest of the car? Why only grey? Also, if the Hurst Throw shifter is slated for Q3 of 2009, does this mean you get the car first, and THEN when the shifters are released, you can take the car back to the dealer and they'll install it for you? Wouldn't make sense to tie the car up at all because of a shifter. I hope they can explain their methodology on this because if it means the difference between picking my car up in November as opposed to July of this year, I'd just do without the shifter entirely. Not that important an option for me. Any thoughts?
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
TJTKSDMJ8
I COMMAND YOU TO HOOK 'EM

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS2/RS R6P
I wanted the CATBACK and apparently it's an aftermarket thing also. I wonder if I will get the call and then wait a couple of days as well!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
tylermoore

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/LS3 Victory Red
so ur getting ground effects with IOM exterior, i want to see i am wanting to do this but i just dont know how it will look not color matched
Old 03-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #4
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
the GFX package only comes in Dark Argent Metallic. you can have a body shop repaint it at your own expense (above the cost of the kit). i don't know why they did it like this, but that's how it is for now. as for the shifter - i ain't sure about the current situation, but there's a thread explaining it all. let me find it...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13908
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:23 AM   #5
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Sometimes things just make no sense!!!

i've been thinking this since I wanted GF but I WONT order it cos its only in one colour (which btw is NON of the Camaro colours!) I mean who comes up with these stupid marketing ideas. Was this dreamt up at the office piss up?

Old 03-06-2009, 06:23 AM   #6
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
I ordered the GX for my car to. I am getting the IOM interior and exterior with black ralley stripes. I think it will look sweet and if it doesn't off to the body shop to be painted black or orange. You need to take the Hurst off your order, it is on constraint and will delay your car. You can order it later and you or the dealer can put it in, I heard it was easy. Congrats on the car ! It's gonna be fun !
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #7
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus95 View Post
I ordered the GX for my car to. I am getting the IOM interior and exterior with black ralley stripes. I think it will look sweet and if it doesn't off to the body shop to be painted black or orange. You need to take the Hurst off your order, it is on constraint and will delay your car. You can order it later and you or the dealer can put it in, I heard it was easy. Congrats on the car ! It's gonna be fun !
You sure about that man? Can anybody else confirm that the Hurst shifter will delay the car?
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:30 AM   #8
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Ya ...for about the last 2 weeks ...old news now.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
GF or no GF

Can't decide about the GF. Price isn't the issue for me but I really do like the look of the car better without it. It keeps more of the retro look that attracted me in the first place (used to have a 67 vertable, 327 sweet, sweet car!)

Since my original plans of racing the 2SS at the drag strip were foiled because of no auto trani, my primary considerations now for options are resale value (30 years from now after I part with it!), and having one that looks distinctive.

I'm going for 2SS RS, black/black, sunroof, shifter. Figure I can add the rest later if I want it. Will cost more from the dealer than the factory maybe, but what's price at this point? I just gotta get the car!!!!!
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
you think the body shop will have the same exact color? can u order it and have gm paint it?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #11
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSONLY View Post
Can't decide about the GF. Price isn't the issue for me but I really do like the look of the car better without it. It keeps more of the retro look that attracted me in the first place (used to have a 67 vertable, 327 sweet, sweet car!)

Since my original plans of racing the 2SS at the drag strip were foiled because of no auto trani, my primary considerations now for options are resale value (30 years from now after I part with it!), and having one that looks distinctive.

I'm going for 2SS RS, black/black, sunroof, shifter. Figure I can add the rest later if I want it. Will cost more from the dealer than the factory maybe, but what's price at this point? I just gotta get the car!!!!!
Sound to me like you've already made up your mind... if you like the look of the car better without this option, why would you want to spend a couple grand to add it on, when you don't even like it? You gave reasons for not wanting it... so why are you even considering it then? Makes no sense to me...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #12
siliconewolfgang

Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Will the car have a higher value with the GFX? Now or later...
siliconewolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
You sure about that man? Can anybody else confirm that the Hurst shifter will delay the car?
Anything that is being constrained and you have ordered it on your car means that even if your car is priority one at the dealership, it will be passed over until the constrain is lifted. If no Hurst shifter until July (Q3), no car before July.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:56 AM   #14
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Playing around with the builder I did a LS with the ground effects plus auto and polished wheels and for just a little over $25k it will look great no matter what the price you pay.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote