Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Camaro in a carjacking and shooting

This happened not far from where I live. Fortunately I don't ride the metro but still have to be watchful.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2396801
Old 05-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
>OnStar system led police to the vehicle.

-1 for the bad guys
+1 for OnStar

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
ABM/IOM

Drives: aqua blue ls and inferno orange ss
That headline would have read differently had i been the attempted carjacking victim. It would have read more like this. ( 4 armed men were shot multiple times in a metro area parking garage attempting to steal a more armed man's new camaro. There is only the victims statement to take at this current time, as all 4 suspects are currently unable to give statements as they are deceased.)
ABM/IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
RollTideMom

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro RS
That is just crazy!! Way to go OnStar!!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM/IOM View Post
That headline would have read differently had i been the attempted carjacking victim. It would have read more like this. ( 4 armed men were shot multiple times in a metro area parking garage attempting to steal a more armed man's new camaro. There is only the victims statement to take at this current time, as all 4 suspects are currently unable to give statements as they are deceased.)

Well, seeing as how it happened in DC, it would have red - Owner of camaro goes to jail for being armed. 4 Concerned citizens reported him to police after risking their lives to detain him until authorities could arrive.

But seriously, stop being such an internet tough guy, there were 4 of them, the father fought and the daughter got shot in the stomach. I'm not a father and I am nuts about my car, but I would think at that point I would probably be handing over me keys, seeing my daughter shot would probably change my mind real quick on what's important. Unless you were there, don't judge.
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #6
ABM/IOM

Drives: aqua blue ls and inferno orange ss
Cbrenthus, i don't recall passing judgement on anyone in my post. I'm not trying to come off as a tough guy, but i don't travel anywhere without my firearm. When the criminals in this country don't care about the law and carry firearms when they aren't legally allowed to own them and the law abiding citizens get punished by not being able to carry in certain states (which are also the very states with the highest crime rates in this country) what do you think is going to happen; you'll become a victim. I'd much rather take my chances by having my firearm with me than without it. So why don't you stop passing judgement on posters on this site, because you ain't the camaro5 police pal.
ABM/IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #7
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrenthus View Post

Well, seeing as how it happened in DC, it would have red - Owner of camaro goes to jail for being armed. 4 Concerned citizens reported him to police after risking their lives to detain him until authorities could arrive.

But seriously, stop being such an internet tough guy, there were 4 of them, the father fought and the daughter got shot in the stomach. I'm not a father and I am nuts about my car, but I would think at that point I would probably be handing over me keys, seeing my daughter shot would probably change my mind real quick on what's important. Unless you were there, don't judge.
Sorry but i'm going with ABM/IOM. Bullets would be flying for sure. If you just shot my daughter all bets are off and your Effing dead.. PERIOD END OF STORY..

BTW he didn't judge he gave his opinion just like you did, so don't jump his shit for stating his point of view

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Oddball

Drives: attentively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrenthus View Post

It didn't happen in D.C. It happened in Largo MARYLAND.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #9
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Sorry but i'm going with ABM/IOM. Bullets would be flying for sure. If you just shot my daughter all bets are off and your Effing dead.. PERIOD END OF STORY..

BTW he didn't judge he gave his opinion just like you did, so don't jump his shit for stating his point of view
I'd probably shoot them for trying to car jack me...let alone have a family member threatened. The same thing sans the shooting happened to my brother's Tahoe back in 05, Onstar was able to find it also.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
just wonder how the situation really would've went down if both parties were armed.....

Father reaches for his holster and or runs back to the passenger side of the car and grabs for glovebox. Father gets shot before he can get gun. 4 guys run off with car.

Unless you're jackie chan and can ensure that you've unarmed all 4 guys before reaching for your gun, then chances are you aren't going to reach for it. I am willing to bet at least one of the guys already had is gun pulled out.

And you'd act a lot differently when your daughter was around for sure. If you get shot when you are alone, you get shot and that's all. I'd think twice about pulling out a gun around my children and possibly having a multiple homicide including the kids. I agree you should be allowed to defend yourself when somebody has a gun. However, the 4:1 ratio kind of makes a huge difference. You can't shoot 4 people at once.

Whats more important anyway, a 30k car or your life? Sure revenge is sweet, but it may not work out in your favor.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Sorry to jack this thread, but if you do not renew your onstar subscription will they still help in finding your stolen camaro if it is stolen?
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #12
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcamaro View Post
Sorry to jack this thread, but if you do not renew your onstar subscription will they still help in finding your stolen camaro if it is stolen?
I think that's a no.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #13
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
Best protection against a car-jacking..... a MANUAL TRANSMISSION.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Sadly......cooperating and handing over the keys guarantees the victim no consideration, thugs by their very nature are capable of injuring or worst, murdering someone for thrills. Leaving no witnessess behind. They are cowards and fear being identified............That being said. No two victims will react in the same fashion. Even heavily armed ones, they may be caught off guard, be over powered, beat, shot or subdued first, ie.

Personally...........I'd like to think, under the circumstances, and if I were unable to escape from harms way with my loved one in tow, I'd shoot first and ask question later. Not That I would be being a tough guy.....but because I'd fear for my life and I would be obligated to defend the life of anyone with me....with all the courage that I could muster..............

I'd let the jury mire their way though any issues if I were charged as the results of my actions if necessary while protecting my family, companion, or friend .............

Regret being alive after defending my being from thugs and knowing that I did all I could do , protecting or saving another victim, while being held up in prison if necessary.....Is something I'd learn to live with behind bars.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote