Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
InfernoCamaroSS

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Texas speed new long tbe headers

I just seen the texas speeds new long tube headers and I was wondering how they compared to others like arh headers and kooks headers.
InfernoCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
rxfox3
Rxfox3

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM/M6
I just installed a set on my SS yesterday and they are very nice headers! Save your money and get the Texas speed headers. Kooks are nice headers, but why pay twice as much? I had absolutely no issues with fitment and would recommend them all day long. I think I paid around $700 with o2 extenders and shipped 3 day air... I went catless and they sound mean!!!
rxfox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
InfernoCamaroSS

Yea I was thinking the same thing. They are so much cheaper than the others.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
SilverSS3108

Drives: 2010 silver SS
Love my TSP headers... Good thick flanges and tubes and the off road mid pipes look like high flow cats to pass visual inspection.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfox3 View Post
I just installed a set on my SS yesterday and they are very nice headers! Save your money and get the Texas speed headers. Kooks are nice headers, but why pay twice as much? I had absolutely no issues with fitment and would recommend them all day long. I think I paid around $700 with o2 extenders and shipped 3 day air... I went catless and they sound mean!!!
Not slammng the TSP headers by any means...they look to be a nice header but I will say that you can get a set of KOOKS with catless connection pipes for about $200 more. If you know where to buy them, KOOKS are not twice as much.....just saying.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Not slammng the TSP headers by any means...they look to be a nice header but I will say that you can get a set of KOOKS with catless connection pipes for about $200 more. If you know where to buy them, KOOKS are not twice as much.....just saying.
So, where would you recommend to get the Kooks at a great price?
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:34 AM   #7
rxfox3
Rxfox3

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM/M6
kooks were $1200+ online and texas speed headers were $500 catless and about $700 with the hf cats. Its a considerable price differance, but maybe you got hooked up
rxfox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
So, where would you recommend to get the Kooks at a great price?
Call Maryland Speed. Don't go buy their prices online. There is a minimum advertised price that most vendors have to post. Call them to get current prices on their "package deals" or "sales".

I don't know what their current prices are because they do change and I quit calling around once I got me headers. Back a little more than 6 mths ago when I was researching you could get a set of 1 7/8" un-coated to your door for around $850. Add some off-road connection pipes and you should be around the $900 mark. Again...those aren't exact prices but should be around that.

If you don't want KOOKS then call Apex. I think their prices were about that for a set of Stainless Works headers. If I remember correctly Jannetty had Dynatech for about the price as well. Then there is BFE headers....I think thiers were around $750 and they looked like a really good header for sure and made in the USA.

Again...I'm not trying to get into a header pricing war nor am I trashing or saying the TSP ones suck. I don't really know that much about the TSP 304 headers and they look reasonable from what I can see. I just wanted to say that there are plenty of options for a little more than what was posted ($700) and disagreed with the statement that others are double the price. You just have to shop around a little and don't always go by website prices.

When I did my research I didn't go by just the base price of the header. You have to compare apples to apples. What's the total price to get them the way you want (with coating or not, with HF cats or not) and shipped to your door.

The nice thing is that we have choices. If TSP fits your budget better...by all means buy them. From member feedback they sound like they are going to be a good seller. Their base price on their 304 is definately one of the cheaper ones around. Just do your own research and pricing so you know what fits best in your budget....that's all I'm saying.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Everyone seems satisfied with TSP Headers so we can't knock them. I'm pretty sure they only come in 1 3/4" which would be a turn off for some. Companies like ARH and SW have 1 7/8" primaries and 2" primaries. 2" is pretty extreme but the 1 7/8" make ton of sense for these cars if you plan on modding any further. Caverman is absolutely right about MAP pricing. Some certain brands won't let dealers like me advertise to low but thats why we have a Camaro5 discount for you.
But if you plan on doing some light mods then TSP 1 3/4" headers are more then enough and will make great power at a good price.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Everyone seems satisfied with TSP Headers so we can't knock them. I'm pretty sure they only come in 1 3/4" which would be a turn off for some. Companies like ARH and SW have 1 7/8" primaries and 2" primaries. 2" is pretty extreme but the 1 7/8" make ton of sense for these cars if you plan on modding any further. Caverman is absolutely right about MAP pricing. Some certain brands won't let dealers like me advertise to low but thats why we have a Camaro5 discount for you.
But if you plan on doing some light mods then TSP 1 3/4" headers are more then enough and will make great power at a good price.

you are absolutely wrong, incorrect... TSP headers are 1 7/8... which are on the fastest head/cam bolt on Camaro in the Country... so much for 'light mods'...

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
you are absolutely wrong, incorrect... TSP headers are 1 7/8... which are on the fastest head/cam bolt on Camaro in the Country... so much for 'light mods'...
Just checked they are 1 7/8". You were right, don't know why I thought they were 1 3/4". They do make one nice set of headers but, they weren't any cheaper then some of the deals we cut on SW or ARH.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
LittleMT
user bann'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Just checked they are 1 7/8". You were right, don't know why I thought they were 1 3/4". They do make one nice set of headers but, they weren't any cheaper then some of the deals we cut on SW or ARH.
really? they are under $500 with off road pipes... you sell me some ARH's for under $500?

Old 05-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #13
LittleMT
user bann'd

*crickets chirping*

Old 05-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
InfernoCamaroSS

Yea they are 1 7/8 and cheaper than any price I've seen so far. And that extra money could go into a cam.