Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
What is modern muscle? an article

Just read this on XFinity Vehix report. Kinda cool listed first, Corvette Second. Check out the whole artical. http://comcast.vehix.com/articles/to...an-muscle-cars

Automotive Articles
Go to All Automotive Articles
5 Modern American Muscle Cars
by Nathan Adlen

We recently published our list of 11 Great Muscle Cars. As we expected, some Vehix readers agreed with our choices; others thought we were out of our minds. One item jumped out from the reader feedback: Muscle car purists don’t want contemporary muscle cars to sully a list of classic muscle cars.

Although we believe that many of today’s muscle cars can hang with the classics in terms of raw horsepower, styling and ability to turn heads, we also agree that modern muscle cars can be categorized on their own. Consider it a separation of church and state.

We’re offering up this list of 5 Modern American Muscle Cars – plus a few bonus vehicles that aren’t traditional muscle cars but pack ridiculous power and striking good looks inside and outside their stylish sheet metal.

A modern American muscle car must meet the following requirements:

It must have a big engine (400 horsepower or larger)
It must be fast (0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds or less)
It must sound good (a low growl that turns heads is a bonus)
It must feature a front engine and rear-wheel drive
It must look cool (racing stripes and flashy paint jobs are encouraged)
It must make the driver look cool (if the car doesn’t make bystanders stare at you with envy, it doesn’t make our list)
It must be brash (these vehicles will irritate in-laws and thoroughly practical people)
So let’s jump in with a quick look at five vehicles that rock the modern driver’s world.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Good lordy-mama, this is a sweet ride. Great road manners and a 0 to 60 mph time of 4.6 seconds is superb for a 3,849 pound machine. It’s no surprise that the Camaro’s (view photos) body gets the most attention. It’s a great design. When driving, however, many folks have a hard time seeing out through the crop-top-like windows. So, there’s a bit of a sacrifice of form over function. But we’re not complaining too loudly, especially when a car looks this good. Only the Dodge Challenger turns as many heads.

Specs:

Horsepower: 400 @ 5,900 RPM
Torque: 420 lb-ft @ 4,600 RPM
Engine: 6.2 liter, V8
MSRP: From $30,945
Old 07-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEP RT View Post
Just read this on XFinity Vehix report. Kinda cool listed first, Corvette Second. Check out the whole artical. http://comcast.vehix.com/articles/to...an-muscle-cars

Automotive Articles
Go to All Automotive Articles
5 Modern American Muscle Cars
by Nathan Adlen

We recently published our list of 11 Great Muscle Cars. As we expected, some Vehix readers agreed with our choices; others thought we were out of our minds. One item jumped out from the reader feedback: Muscle car purists don’t want contemporary muscle cars to sully a list of classic muscle cars.

Although we believe that many of today’s muscle cars can hang with the classics in terms of raw horsepower, styling and ability to turn heads, we also agree that modern muscle cars can be categorized on their own. Consider it a separation of church and state.

We’re offering up this list of 5 Modern American Muscle Cars – plus a few bonus vehicles that aren’t traditional muscle cars but pack ridiculous power and striking good looks inside and outside their stylish sheet metal.

A modern American muscle car must meet the following requirements:

It must have a big engine (400 horsepower or larger)
It must be fast (0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds or less)
It must sound good (a low growl that turns heads is a bonus)
It must feature a front engine and rear-wheel drive
It must look cool (racing stripes and flashy paint jobs are encouraged)
It must make the driver look cool (if the car doesn’t make bystanders stare at you with envy, it doesn’t make our list)
It must be brash (these vehicles will irritate in-laws and thoroughly practical people)
So let’s jump in with a quick look at five vehicles that rock the modern driver’s world.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Good lordy-mama, this is a sweet ride. Great road manners and a 0 to 60 mph time of 4.6 seconds is superb for a 3,849 pound machine. It’s no surprise that the Camaro’s (view photos) body gets the most attention. It’s a great design. When driving, however, many folks have a hard time seeing out through the crop-top-like windows. So, there’s a bit of a sacrifice of form over function. But we’re not complaining too loudly, especially when a car looks this good. Only the Dodge Challenger turns as many heads.

Specs:

Horsepower: 400 @ 5,900 RPM
Torque: 420 lb-ft @ 4,600 RPM
Engine: 6.2 liter, V8
MSRP: From $30,945
Finally an end to this massive annoyance of a debate also I think this is a fair criteria for what a Modern Muscle Car is of course I would add the fact that it has to be From the Big 3
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Awesome
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
scottw

Drives: 2011 SGM Camaro 2SS/RS
I like the choices except the charger and the 300. You must have only 2 doors to qualify. If this is the standard you need to show the Impala SS. (I know they stoped making them last year)
Old 07-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I like the choices except the charger and the 300. You must have only 2 doors to qualify. If this is the standard you need to show the Impala SS. (I know they stoped making them last year)
sedans aren't sport cars , on another note I guess the chally R/T gets left out but the SRT and SRT 392 are welcome to the party
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #6
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
This was about muscle cars, not sports cars. If you think the Charger SRT8, 300C SRT8, or G8 GT aren't muscle cars just because they have 4 doors, you're dead wrong. All of them are worthy.
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:42 AM   #7
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
yeah and these choices from a person writing an article with pictures of a 2010 Camaro v6 with the RS package they cant even identify the correct Camaro model
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #8
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
only thing i dont like is the 400 hp part you DONT think a 3.6 litter is huge WTF CRACK YOU SMOKEING it has 315 hell the 2002 camaro V8 MIND YOU only beat it by like 30 hp STOCK

im so sick everone on the SS ok not bashing or hateing but i always feel the V6 is contently craped on and forgotten it just drives me NUTS

/rant

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #9
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Well that list is bs. At 400hp that would kick most cars from the 80s out. I musta been a dude with an Ss that made this f$cked up list.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #10
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
only thing i dont like is the 400 hp part you DONT think a 3.6 litter is huge WTF CRACK YOU SMOKEING it has 315 hell the 2002 camaro V8 MIND YOU only beat it by like 30 hp STOCK

im so sick everone on the SS ok not bashing or hateing but i always feel the V6 is contently craped on and forgotten it just drives me NUTS

/rant
Easy there, skidrow. Don't get your panties in a wad, damn.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:48 AM   #11
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Well that list is bs. At 400hp that would kick most cars from the 80s out. I musta been a dude with an Ss that made this f$cked up list.
It's a list of MODERN muscle.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Easy there, skidrow. Don't get your panties in a wad, damn.
sorry i am calm now just had to let off some steam

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
What's an artical? An artistic caligraphy?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #14
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
The only bad choices I see are the Corvette (at least the ZR1 - the base model might be shoehorned in) and the Cadillac. Those are in supercar country - much different from muscle car territory.

This is more like a list of fast American cars with big horsepower than it is some kind of definitive "muscle car" list.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote