Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 07-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Death of a !ROC

Here are pictures of the untimely death of an IROC-Z that I came across close to my house....
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
I think I just died a little bit inside...

What happened to it?

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
:( R.I.P

What happened?

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
I think I just died a little bit inside...

What happened to it?
Bad storms we had a couple weeks ago with up to 80 MPH winds blew a tree over on it.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Bad storms we had a couple weeks ago with up to 80 MPH winds blew a tree over on it.
Aint mother nature a bitch sometimes?

That's one worry I have around where I live.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

Old 07-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
Aint mother nature a bitch sometimes?

That's one worry I have around where I live.
A few years ago I was keeping my son's 98 Z28 while he was deployed in the middle east and we had a storm that took down one of our trees, took out our fence and hit the house next door, but it missed his car by about 3 feet.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #7
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
A few years ago I was keeping my son's 98 Z28 while he was deployed in the middle east and we had a storm that took down one of our trees, took out our fence and hit the house next door, but it missed his car by about 3 feet.
Damn, I bet yall felt lucky. That would suck to come home from a hotzone and your car be totaled like that.

Speaking of 4th gen Camaros; I had a friend who owned I think a 94 or 96, I was pretty much good friends with him since the 3rd grade when he moved from Florida to Texas. (I graduated High School this year) Well, on March 5, 2011 he died from a severe car crash. The suburban he was in took a jump off a very hill like dirt road (known as "the fall", a few kids have already done it, but my other friends and I haven't ever attempted it) going around 70-90 mph. The vehicle hit the ground so hard that the rear axle broke, blew out 3 or all 4 tires, and then rolled about 5 or 6 times before coming to a stop in a ditch. The 2 things that I hated about this whole deal was that he didn't even really know what he was getting into (he was merely a passenger) and he would've survived if it weren't for one of those pancake air compressors in the back. But since the air compressor hit him in the back of the head he would've been pretty much a vegetable if he survived, so I'm glad he's in a better place now. 2 out of the 4 people in the wreck survived, a girl I didn't know too well passed away during intensive care 2 weeks after the wreck. The other 2 are alive and well today, thank God.

Just a month after the wreck I got my 86 Z28, and his black 4th gen still sits outside his house. Every time I drive by there I think of him, and how we would've been the CamaBRO's of our school...

RIP Matthew Baker, I still miss you man.

Sorry for the long winded post, I just think about him every time I see a 4th gen camaro.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Noooooooo
Old 07-11-2011, 04:58 AM   #9
Shadow-phoenix
Terrorizing the streets

Drives: 06 GTO, 92 Camaro RS, 84 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via MSN to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow-phoenix
That poor Camaro... I hope the owner is the type of person who is willing to part out what's left to help out other Third Gen owners... there are still some useable parts there... Lights, bumpers, ground effects, fenders, possibly the hood, seats, interior trim parts, wheels, possibly the motor and transmission...

Rust is the vehicular form of cancer.

A stupid owner is a Camaro's worst fear, second only to the though of going to the crusher.

Camaro: a vicious animal that eats rice for breakfast, and mustangs for dinner.
Shadow-phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #10
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
thats a terrible way to go for a car! sad day :(
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote