Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
mrpre10der

stripe extensions

just wondering would anybody pay extra for stripe extensions if gm would add them as an option or just add them when they are doing the stripes .what if another company made them and sold them would anybody order .if yes this should tell gm why not do it .in the past everybody went out and put remote starters in, bigger rims, dvds and gm said why dont we do that and make that money, millions later .listen gm if you want to charge for stripe extentions i think most of us would pay .my opinion only
Old 03-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
oh no...! i remember what happened last time this was talked about...

DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
smhss

Drives: '11 Silverado, '10 Camaro 2SS...
Send a message via Yahoo to smhss
I'd be willing to pay more just for additional RPO colors, but it looks like all we're going to hear on that subject is the chirping of the crickets on a quiet summer night.
smhss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
seeknay2000

Drives: 1978 Z28, 1987 Suburb
I'm just going to order stripes on my camaro and will have them added from bumper to bumper (possibly painted depending on the price) later.

Quick, easy, cheap.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
Why would you want the stripes to extend further past the hood? That just means they will be broken by the hood seam, that's weird. I hate when stripes are broken.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
seeknay2000

Drives: 1978 Z28, 1987 Suburb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suskam View Post
Why would you want the stripes to extend further past the hood? That just means they will be broken by the hood seam, that's weird. I hate when stripes are broken.

Because IMO stripes going from bumper to bumper look amazing, even though they are broken by the hood seam. Stripes on just ther hood and trunk look okay, but I think it looks way better from bumper to bumper. Also, look at the 2010 Mustang GT500 - there are some pics of it with stripes all the way to the bumper and it looks amazing!

Old 03-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
TAG started a poll back in early November http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...Longer+Stripes to see who wanted longer stripes and if they'd pay more for them. Before it ended, about 75% of respondents who were getting stripes said they wanted longer and they'd pay $50 to $100 more for them. But the difficult installation created by the "mailslot" fascia scoop on the SS models was apparently the deciding factor in GM's final decision to stop them on the hood.
The pinstripe running all the way around the broad rally stripe adds a touch of class, but will make extending them nearly impossible. I can pretty much guarantee you GM will not offer an extension option, so if you want longer you're going to have to nix the GM stripes and go aftermarket.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #8
mrpre10der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
TAG started a poll back in early November http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...Longer+Stripes to see who wanted longer stripes and if they'd pay more for them. Before it ended, about 75% of respondents who were getting stripes said they wanted longer and they'd pay $50 to $100 more for them. But the difficult installation created by the "mailslot" fascia scoop on the SS models was apparently the deciding factor in GM's final decision to stop them on the hood.
The pinstripe running all the way around the broad rally stripe adds a touch of class, but will make extending them nearly impossible. I can pretty much guarantee you GM will not offer an extension option, so if you want longer you're going to have to nix the GM stripes and go aftermarket.
thanks for the info
Old 03-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
No problem, mrpre10der. I forgot to mention yesterday that one stripe manufacturer I know of, Rider Graphix, is looking for design suggestions for the new Camaro's stripes. You may be able to actually affect the outcome of one of the styles.

http://www.ridergraphix.com/