Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #1
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Your V6 Suspension upgrades!

So guys I'm done with all the possible bolt ons!

Cat back + CAI + Long tube headers + Trifecta tune + Hi flow cats + Vmax TB.

Although I installed the Pfadt sport sway bar and lowered the car 1" with Eibach pro kit, the car likes to dance the twist on hard launch .

So I contacted our dear friends in Juiced Motors and bought the full BMR suspension kit ( Trailing Arms, Toe rods, end links, cardle bushings, and differential bushings).

The boxes are still in my bed room (I guess that Im not the only gentle man in this forum who treats his parts very well ).

Before installing the parts, I need to know whether some of you did actually tried them on the V6. I need some views especially on the differential bushings. I heard that they cause in cabin noise!

While others claim they are no use for low hp like ours. However, BMR recommends them on all cars !!

Anyway, I feel that we need a bit of suspension taste here in this thread as most of the threads in the Suspension section is full of V8 dudes and reviews. We always hang out here !
Old 10-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
The V6 Camaro is not a low end HP vehicle. It has more hp than V8s in the past. Had it been a V8 with the same hp it wouldn't be a question to those who think like that. I have the parts that you are talking about and they have made my v6 camaro a better vehicle. Go and put them on and you will enjoy your camaro even more.
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I have the Detroit Suspension Track Pack 1. Came with lowering springs, front and rear sway bars. I haven't experienced a "twist" on hard launches.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

mhog. There are some suspension upgrades for cars making 450 hp + so our V6 doesnt really need them.

Blade are you using drag radials/nito tires? Because the wheel hop is awful on my rear wheels and that causes the fishtail on hard launch unless I ease a bit on the gas at the start.

That is not good either !
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
mhog. There are some suspension upgrades for cars making 450 hp + so our V6 doesnt really need them.

Blade are you using drag radials/nito tires? Because the wheel hop is awful on my rear wheels and that causes the fishtail on hard launch unless I ease a bit on the gas at the start.

The trailing arms and differential bushing should help a lot with the wheel hop.

I can't remember if you the the A6 or M6 transmission. If it is the A6, then the fishtailing may be more because of the one-wheel spin problem. That always pissed me off. If you didn't heat the tires up good one would spin and the rearend would kick out.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
I installed the Pedders Street I in mine (subframe inserts + front inserts). The difference in launches, cornering, and acceleration out of the corners is so much better now. Anyone who tracks the car - either drag or road course - needs at least the subframe inserts.

You should watch the videos of the stock subframe bushings and then watch a video with aftermarket bushings and you will see an amazing difference in the amount of movement under power.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:

The cradle bushings are for 500+ hp. You can go with cradle inserts but since you already have the bushings I woud use them. Won't hurt.
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
So guys I'm done with all the possible bolt ons!

Cat back + CAI + Long tube headers + Trifecta tune + Hi flow cats + Vmax TB.

Although I installed the Pfadt sport sway bar and lowered the car 1" with Eibach pro kit, the car likes to dance the twist on hard launch .

So I contacted our dear friends in Juiced Motors and bought the full BMR suspension kit ( Trailing Arms, Toe rods, end links, cardle bushings, and differential bushings).

The boxes are still in my bed room (I guess that Im not the only gentle man in this forum who treats his parts very well ).

Before installing the parts, I need to know whether some of you did actually tried them on the V6. I need some views especially on the differential bushings. I heard that they cause in cabin noise!

While others claim they are no use for low hp like ours. However, BMR recommends them on all cars !!

Anyway, I feel that we need a bit of suspension taste here in this thread as most of the threads in the Suspension section is full of V8 dudes and reviews. We always hang out here !
how much was the whole kit?

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
JDP Tech

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS 429 LSX/F1X
Most of the suspension upgrades for our Camaro's dont have much to do with the power the engine puts out.
Subframe (cradle) mounts (or bushings), trailing arms, toe links, sways, and springs all help a ton with cornering and stability, but also help with traction, wheel hop, etc.
Putting these parts on your car will make give it a much more enjoyable ride, it will handle a lot better, and will turn quicker.

The stock subframe bushings are weak, and too flexible, they actually move a round quite a bit, causing the whole rear subframe to move around, causing alignment issues, and instability when cornering and going through dips and pot holes.

Check this video out, when the stock bushings tweak.

The amount of power has nothing to do with how much those bushings move when cornering and working the suspension.

The noise you get from using stiffer bushings will be very minimal.
We use the Pfadt Solid Subframe Mounts religiously (SS's and LT's), and there is very little noise or vibrations that come from them.
The Corvette has used solid subframe mounts for decades without issues.

As has been stated, install your parts, and you will be very happy, and there is no overkill on your parts choices.
JDP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhog View Post
The cradle bushings are for 500+ hp. You can go with cradle inserts but since you already have the bushings I woud use them. Won't hurt.
I know but the inserts will still move within the stock rubber which will get torn by time, so I thought that it will be worth going for a full bushing instead and do it all in one go !
Old 10-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #11
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
how much was the whole kit?
I didnt go for a whole set, I bought the parts that I need in one deal and that included ( Trailing arms, fixed toe rods, end links, links brackets, and pro cradle & differential bushing). It costs around $ 800.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #12
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
The trailing arms and differential bushing should help a lot with the wheel hop.

I can't remember if you the the A6 or M6 transmission. If it is the A6, then the fishtailing may be more because of the one-wheel spin problem. That always pissed me off. If you didn't heat the tires up good one would spin and the rearend would kick out.
Im A6 and I feel that Im running on two washing machines in the rear.

I like deep sea fishing and my Camaro gives me the same feeling as the fishing boat. I guess thats why they call it fishtail.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech@JDP View Post
Most of the suspension upgrades for our Camaro's dont have much to do with the power the engine puts out.
Subframe (cradle) mounts (or bushings), trailing arms, toe links, sways, and springs all help a ton with cornering and stability, but also help with traction, wheel hop, etc.
Putting these parts on your car will make give it a much more enjoyable ride, it will handle a lot better, and will turn quicker.

The stock subframe bushings are weak, and too flexible, they actually move a round quite a bit, causing the whole rear subframe to move around, causing alignment issues, and instability when cornering and going through dips and pot holes.

Check this video out, when the stock bushings tweak.

The amount of power has nothing to do with how much those bushings move when cornering and working the suspension.

The noise you get from using stiffer bushings will be very minimal.
We use the Pfadt Solid Subframe Mounts religiously (SS's and LT's), and there is very little noise or vibrations that come from them.
The Corvette has used solid subframe mounts for decades without issues.

As has been stated, install your parts, and you will be very happy, and there is no overkill on your parts choices.
I saw that video as well as the differential mount one. Big difference for sure .

Im enjoying your Pfadt sport sway bar and to my surprise it is still showing no harm to the stock endlinks for more than 9 months now.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #14
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
I didnt go for a whole set, I bought the parts that I need in one deal and that included ( Trailing arms, fixed toe rods, end links, links brackets, and pro cradle & differential bushing). It costs around $ 800.
hmmm ill have to look into this b/c i def need some back end support

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote