Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
HELP! My wife put a ding in it.

OK so it wasn't really her fault, but a big heavy plastic something blew out of a vehicle in front of her and hit the front clip down low on the drivers side. I pushed the dent out as best I could but it still looks like S---! Gonna get it fixed up, but was thinking I might take advantage of the situation and get a new a RAZZI front end and maybe even a Havoc rear diffuser. What do you think? Taking it to the shop this afternoon for an estimate of what it would cost to get a new stock one.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
I'd go for it. I love the razzi front end, but I'm not a fan of the back, so I like your idea of the razzi front and the havoc rear end.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
Darkflow

Drives: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS LE
Well if you had it planned as a future mod, you might as well take advantage and do it now. I know i would.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
MongoZmash

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Get a new wife. Jk :p. If your going to have it fixed make sure to get several quotes and do your research before dropping your car off.
MongoZmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Thank you much to all. I think I have a plan now. Went and had an estimate done from a shop i have used before for my daughters car. Their work is top notch. Not always the cheapest, but when they are done you can't tell it from new. I'm not going to do the RAZZI front yet, but i am going to have some small mods done. New MTI spoiler and some small stuff along with a couple AAC light mods. I'll post up pics when it is all fixed up. Now to call the shp and drop the hammer on ordering the new pieces for the front.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Old 01-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Bump with pics
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
usually when you get something done cheap,that's what you end up with, a cheap job that you are not satisfied with.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
That looks so painful
Old 01-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #9
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflow View Post
Well if you had it planned as a future mod, you might as well take advantage and do it now. I know i would.
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Just waiting on parts now. A lot of little mods along with the big ticket item of a new front clip.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Well the repairs are done. Thought I would post up some pics. The front end still looks out of place right now because the paint is brand new and has zero wax on it. The rest of the car has three coats and just glows which makes the front clip look almost matte by comparison. A few more days to cure and I will wax up the front and then I will see just how close a match I have. The RPI Bezels around the DRL's are not a perfect match either, but that is part of the B---- with RJTC. It is damned tough to match.
Attached Images