Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Anyone use the Aeromotive Eliminator Camaro Stealth Fuel System??

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...tealth-system/

With the new build I have going on I need a lot more fuel and have been shopping around. My builder a has shop that creates a drop in canister similar to the Livernois system, but with 3 pumps. The problem with that is, he needs the tank, its over $1100, and you now have 3 pumps that could fail. I already have the Livernois dual pump, but

I found this Aeromotive product recently, but have not heard of many people using it. I think it is fairly new. But at $842 from Jegs... I am stoked.

Their website states that the Eliminator will support:

Supports up to 1900 HP – naturally aspirated
Supports up to 1400 HP – forced air induction

which should be enough for my next turbo build on Detroit Muscle

Here are some other features if you did not check out the link.
• Fits 2010 (5th gen) and later Camaros
• ORB-08 outlet and return port
• Incorporates factory jet siphon system and sending unit
• Includes an integrated 100-Micron Stainless Steel pre-pump filter
• Utilizes the factory tank, o-ring, lock ring and mounting location
• Includes everything necessary to install the pump into your tank.

Does anyone have any experience with this unit - Good or Bad??

thanks in advance for the info.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...tealth-system/

With the new build I have going on I need a lot more fuel and have been shopping around. My builder a has shop that creates a drop in canister similar to the Livernois system, but with 3 pumps. The problem with that is, he needs the tank, its over $1100, and you now have 3 pumps that could fail. I already have the Livernois dual pump, but

I found this Aeromotive product recently, but have not heard of many people using it. I think it is fairly new. But at $842 from Jegs... I am stoked.

Their website states that the Eliminator will support:

Supports up to 1900 HP – naturally aspirated
Supports up to 1400 HP – forced air induction

which should be enough for my next turbo build on Detroit Muscle

Here are some other features if you did not check out the link.
• Fits 2010 (5th gen) and later Camaros
• ORB-08 outlet and return port
• Incorporates factory jet siphon system and sending unit
• Includes an integrated 100-Micron Stainless Steel pre-pump filter
• Utilizes the factory tank, o-ring, lock ring and mounting location
• Includes everything necessary to install the pump into your tank.

Does anyone have any experience with this unit - Good or Bad??

thanks in advance for the info.
This Pump must be run Return Style which will require a Regulator and return line along with Custom Tuning, some special wiring to keep the ECU Happy, so it is Fine for Big HP builds.

For Daily Drivers we like to use OEM parts I.E. ZL1 pump or LPE dual pump system from the CTSV.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
stanwilliams
3000 hp 648 ci beast

Drives: 86 Outlaw 10.5 Camaro, 2SS/RS LS3
I just bought an eliminator pump similar to this in their 15 gal universal fuel cell kit for a twin turbo 60 vette. They suggested on a street car to use there billet pump speed controller with it. I wasn't thrilled to have to use that but we did. The twin 255's we had wouldn't come close to keeping up under full boost. Let you know what I think when its installed.

mods: ******** setup. Whipple supercharger....Need suspension upgrades now... 4" stroker kit, ARH, cam on my wish list.
stanwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
This Pump must be run Return Style which will require a Regulator and return line along with Custom Tuning, some special wiring to keep the ECU Happy, so it is Fine for Big HP builds.
For Daily Drivers we like to use OEM parts I.E. ZL1 pump or LPE dual pump system from the CTSV.
Ted.
Thanks Ted, have you used this one before for a big build? Have you used the billet pump speed controller?

I have a dual pump now, good to 850hp, but we are building way past its capabilities, even though it is still a daily driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanwilliams View Post
I just bought an eliminator pump similar to this in their 15 gal universal fuel cell kit for a twin turbo 60 vette. They suggested on a street car to use there billet pump speed controller with it. I wasn't thrilled to have to use that but we did. The twin 255's we had wouldn't come close to keeping up under full boost. Let you know what I think when its installed.
Yea, i saw that on Darth Emmas build... I really dont want to spend another 320 bucks on that. but if they recommend it, I may have to consider it.

did you talk to them directly? were they helpful?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
stanwilliams
3000 hp 648 ci beast

Drives: 86 Outlaw 10.5 Camaro, 2SS/RS LS3
Buddy actually talked to them, but yes I would say they were helpful.

mods: ******** setup. Whipple supercharger....Need suspension upgrades now... 4" stroker kit, ARH, cam on my wish list.
stanwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
Blu808

Drives: Hankook Formula Drift Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Blu808 Send a message via Yahoo to Blu808
We installed the Aeromotive Stealth Eliminator Fuel Pump on a customer's car (Pyr0b0y) for a twin turbo setup that is 1000+whp capable. This car is driven quite often and there have been no fuel issues when we turned up the boost.

We also installed the speed controller on his car as well, which regulates how much fuel it pumps through the system, which I recommend you getting since it seems you want to go above 1000whp.

We have been running the system on our Formula Drift race cars all season without any issues.

You can watch a review we did of the fuel pump and the install process as well.

http://vimeo.com/32392444
Blu808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu808 View Post
We also installed the speed controller on his car as well, which regulates how much fuel it pumps through the system, which I recommend you getting since it seems you want to go above 1000whp.

http://vimeo.com/32392444
nice... i saw that video last night somewhere on the web actually. That you for the info, i think this is definetly the way to go. It seems so easy and does so much.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #8
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
I've been running this pump for a couple thousand miles and like not having to worry about there not being enough fuel pressure. It's about the same price or a little cheaper than most dual fuel pumps out there and its supports so much more power than a lot of the other systems out there. As mentioned, I do have the speed controller but it is yet to be hooked up as we are waiting on more parts. I was at the shop when the install was happening and I thought it was one of the easier parts to install on the car. I would highly recommend it for us 1000whp guys

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
This is a very nice addition from Aeromotive. You definitely need to upgrade your fuel setup for what I think you are installing : )
Old 01-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
Thanks Ted, have you used this one before for a big build? Have you used the billet pump speed controller?

I have a dual pump now, good to 850hp, but we are building way past its capabilities, even though it is still a daily driver.

Yea, i saw that on Darth Emmas build... I really dont want to spend another 320 bucks on that. but if they recommend it, I may have to consider it.

did you talk to them directly? were they helpful?
I have not had the opportunity to use this one yet, but have been using Aeromotive Products for as long as they have been around, It is My First choice in Fuel system components from the aftermarket, I have Aeromotive systems on 3 of my Personal cars.

The fuel pump controller can double the life of the pump for street use so go with it.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The fuel pump controller can double the life of the pump for street use so go with it.
Ted.
ah... great info on the controller... if it helps keep the life of the pump going, its a no brainer. Thanks Ted
Old 01-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
silverfox

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
The aeromotive eliminater pump works great!. Iv'e had one custom installed in my stock tank for over a year by Va. Speed and so far no problems. I know it works up to 907rwhp at least.
LS2 Darton sleeved 427 stroker.Callies dragonslayer crankshaft. Callies I beam rods. Wiseco blower pistons. Mast cnc 12 degree big bore ls3 heads-2.2 intake &1.6 ex. 6 bolt 270cc-.750 deck. Lunati link bar lifters.T&D roller rockers.COMP-VA. Speed special cam 605 lift, 238dur. Procharger F1R @15psi. ARH headers with custom 3'' exhaust all the way.Magnaflow mufflers. QTP cutouts.Rossler built 6l80e trans. DSS 1400hp axles.
Pfadt suspension.-Coilovers, sway bars,motor mounts,trailing arms. Aeromotive eliminater pump.
907rwhp.
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
silverfox

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
It is loud though!.
LS2 Darton sleeved 427 stroker.Callies dragonslayer crankshaft. Callies I beam rods. Wiseco blower pistons. Mast cnc 12 degree big bore ls3 heads-2.2 intake &1.6 ex. 6 bolt 270cc-.750 deck. Lunati link bar lifters.T&D roller rockers.COMP-VA. Speed special cam 605 lift, 238dur. Procharger F1R @15psi. ARH headers with custom 3'' exhaust all the way.Magnaflow mufflers. QTP cutouts.Rossler built 6l80e trans. DSS 1400hp axles.
Pfadt suspension.-Coilovers, sway bars,motor mounts,trailing arms. Aeromotive eliminater pump.
907rwhp.
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
It is loud though!.
Good point to make as alot of people are surprised by the sound of Aeromotive pumps. A little buzz is worth the insurance knowing your fuel is covered.

Tags
aeromotive, fuel, fuel delivery, gasoline, pumps