Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #1
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
First Long Trip in the SS

I drive low miles year to year and rarely go out of town but the birth of my first Grand-daughter demanded that I break from the norm and head out. It was a 300 mile trip and I finally got to open her up for some long term observations.
First...the car virtually FLOATS at 85mph.......and the mountainous terrain I drove in taking sharp turns was awesome. I could have put a quarter on the dash and it wouldnt have slid sideways.
The AFM doesnt do a damn thing for the gas mileage and is a pain in the ass to listen too sometimes but it doesnt get in the way of performance at all.
My journey took me through alot of PODUNK towns and I have to admit that getting stares by folks who havent seen even a 1998 model car yet......was priceless. I think I met the Possum Queen of Krebs, Oklahoma. She stared me down for 12 blocks. I had to scrape her eyeballs off my side-view mirror with my ice-scraper while she pretened to have a conversation with her boyfriend in front of some theater that advertised Shark Boy and Lava Girl as a first run movie....sad thing is...I think about everyone in that town will be there for opening night. lol!
I drove through alot of heavy rain and the car never slipped or slid. The wipers are extremely quiet. Onstar saved my ass when I missed a poor excuse for an exit. I drove 10 miles out of the way before realising I had missed my turn. I punched the On-star button and they had me back on track almost instantly.
Driving a nice stretch of road with the cruise on....coasting at 85mph...its like watching the drive in HD on your t.v. set. You literally feel like you are flying while the car handles the speed with no effort at all.
Cant say how happy I am with this car, and even happier that I dont live in Krebs, Oklahoma. lol!
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Absolutely, takes no time at all to get up 85 and when your there it is such a smooth ride. As far as AFM kicking in, I guess I have never noticed it. Mine only comes out in the summer so my windows are down and my subs are cranked up. So I guess it doesn't bother me yet. Its always good for your car to get out and stretch its legs even if you don't want to put miles on it.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
rjtssvert

Drives: 2011 2ss rs convertible
I love how my car handles and feels at better than highway speeds. As far as the AFM, I had mine tuned out and it made absolutely no difference in gas mileage.
rjtssvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Mdipinto

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro silver black stripe
I have a 2010 2SS LS3, and I my parents drove it from NJ to CA, and they loved it(I'm in the military and I had no chance of going home to get my baby, so they did it for me). Then I drove from CA to FL without any problems. Easiest drive of my life, and because the speed limit is 85, i had no problem going 95 most of the way, and it does a good job going like that, easy and smooth. Then from FL to NC, and it was a good drive.
Camaro is a really good car, really reliable.
I bought mine with 22k in Jun 2, 2011, and now in Feb 3, 2012, it has over 35k(being 3k not mine).
Mdipinto is offline   Reply With Quote