Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
shanmoon

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
sanity check: non-rs halo lighting, adding a switch

I've got a non RS that I added a bunch of Oracle lighting from AAStyle to this weekend.

I have NON-RS headlights/foglights with a single color (orange) halo.

Because I didn't want to drill into the dash (yet) and because it was easiest, I tapped the side markers for the halo connections on on the head/fog lights.

Currently the halos are on when:
a) The headlights are turned on
b) when the parking lights are on
b) The foglight switch is set to fog lights on (turns on headlight and foglight halos as well as fog lights themselves)

What I want to do is use an oracle LED switch to turn the halos on/off (and potentially to turn on/off grill lighting if I add it later).

I've perused the forums for details on how to change my setup but wanted a sanity check from experienced DIYers (I am a total noob).

My understanding is that to power the LED on the switch I can use a fuse tap. I identified two on the autzone website:
"Cooper Bussmann/ATM fuse tap" and "Cooper Bussmann/ATC fuse tap"
Both state "converts one into two fusible circuits - 10 Amps maximum on added circuit" but I am not sure which one is appropriate.

I am guessing I use one of those to tap and hook to the pos on the LED switch and then the ground to the negative pins on the outside of the switch.

The inside of the switch has 3 more pins. I am a little confused after reading all the DIY threads on what to connect to the switch? The once I found were for 2 color halos on RS equipped vehicles...

I know I need to tap some 12V power source for the four halos, but am not sure where/how to do so (I am guessing the fuse box under the hood, but not sure how) and how the wires should run from the halos through the firewall to the switch and ground.

My V8 build thread: doesn't exist yet! Too busy modding!
shanmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
shanmoon

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Here is a wiring diagram to kind of explain what I am trying to figure out....

Also wondering what gauge of wire I should use...18?

My V8 build thread: doesn't exist yet! Too busy modding!
shanmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
Rigzo510

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ls3
Just got single color halos and fog lights and I'm in the same situation as you, did you ever find out how to wire them?