Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Just a reminder....its only a tool

Finally got on the rollers at Mike Norris Motorsports today..... 390/397 on a Dynojet.
This is with OBX LT's w/cats and K&N drop in.
Mike seemed to think these #'s were a bit low, and he made due dilligence to find out why . There was no base tune to work with, so, for all I know, this could be as simple as this car having low #'s from the factory.
I, on the other hand, am quite happy with the performance of the car. This thing woke up tenfold in my opinion. You see, boys n girls, its not about the numbers....but about the proper combination of parts and tune working hand in hand to make every function of your drivetrain work as efficiently as possible to get the most out of your car. I know myself and many others have preached this for a long time.............this is just another reminder.
Hope to make some time to get to the track to see the true #'s
Thanks again to Mike Norris for making the extra effort to round up those lost little ponies... ........I'm sure we'll find em soon.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:34 AM   #2
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Finally got on the rollers at Mike Norris Motorsports today..... 390/397 on a Dynojet.
This is with OBX LT's w/cats and K&N drop in.
Mike seemed to think these #'s were a bit low, and he made due dilligence to find out why . There was no base tune to work with, so, for all I know, this could be as simple as this car having low #'s from the factory.
I, on the other hand, am quite happy with the performance of the car. This thing woke up tenfold in my opinion. You see, boys n girls, its not about the numbers....but about the proper combination of parts and tune working hand in hand to make every function of your drivetrain work as efficiently as possible to get the most out of your car. I know myself and many others have preached this for a long time.............this is just another reminder.
Hope to make some time to get to the track to see the true #'s
Thanks again to Mike Norris for making the extra effort to round up those lost little ponies... ........I'm sure we'll find em soon.
Seems normal; approx. 30-40hp. from adding headers is normal. How much did you expect? Baseline rwhp. is about 360-365rwhp.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I wasnt expecting....the tuner was. Im happy with it.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Dyno is only a tool indeed, to measure changes we make to the car. Dyno numbers are useless without a baseline to work with. You can come out of a dyno with 20hp less or more than expected but that does not necessarily mean you have a factory freak or a broken vehicle. Not saying that couldn't be the case but you always need a baseline to compare against to know how much you have lost or gained. Again, that's the whole purpose of a dyno from the jump anyway. Peoples always forget that a dyno is only a tool to measure the changes we make to our vehicles. Keep that in your mind and you won't be so surprised when the result come back low or high.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote