Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-06-2009, 05:39 AM   #1
nimnels

Drives: On the lot
May 6th unveiling

is today still the big unveiling. i only ask because i saw a few post that said it go moved back. i really hope it is today, but then again i am sure all of us on the forums hope its today.
nimnels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:06 AM   #2
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
TA DA!!!

Today is the day. All kidding aside, I hope at least some dealers make a fuss over the car. I would love at least one surprise today about the car, perhaps a call from my dealer because they just got my car---just daydreaming
Attached Images

Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
quanine10
1SS/RS blk on blk 6spd

Drives: 2010 Camaro Blk/Blk SS/RS 6spd
My dealers got pushed back to may 8. Go figure!
quanine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
jmcbeth
THR 2SS/RS Supercharged

Drives: 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
Today is the day in Maryland!
jmcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by quanine10 View Post
My dealers got pushed back to may 8. Go figure!

You didn't make it to any of the Hendrick events last sat? They had one in Durham and Monroe.
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #6
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Yes today is the day. Some dealers, however, have postponed due to either inclement weather conditions here on the east coast or some dealers have yet to receive their Camaros like they were supposed to. According to the Live Chat agent at Terry Labonte Chevy in Greensboro, NC, they are still on for today even though there's a significant chance of severe weather on and off throughout the day. Going to check it out at lunch, rain or shine.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #7
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
check with your dealership

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #8
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Yea my dealer is letting the cars go as they get them but the set their event to the 21st, also there is a local dealer who set theirs to this sat the 9th and they will not show the car till then. Seems every dealer is handleing this a little differently. Check with your local dealers.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #9
Bigmanjeff6369

Drives: Black 2SS
It is today in fabolous Wilkes-Barre, Pa. Went to my dealer yesterday and got alittle sneak peek at a yellow with black interior base model. Looked very nice. Got to sit in it and had tons of room. I was alittle worried considering I am a bigger guy (6'1 280)Today they are offering test drives in it, ice cream, hot dogs......Chevrolet. Can't wait to see how it drives.
Bigmanjeff6369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #10
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I got my 2nd email from my local dealer this morning:
Attached Images

Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #11
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Yes today is the day. Some dealers, however, have postponed due to either inclement weather conditions here on the east coast or some dealers have yet to receive their Camaros like they were supposed to. According to the Live Chat agent at Terry Labonte Chevy in Greensboro, NC, they are still on for today even though there's a significant chance of severe weather on and off throughout the day. Going to check it out at lunch, rain or shine.
The dealer I ordered from is having his today but the local dealer in the city where I live is having his on the 18th because he doesn't have his dealer car yet. "They went to bigger dealerships first so we are waiting to get ours."

Saw my first Camaro yesterday at the post office. Black with auto, didn't get a chance to find out anything else. I literally stocked the guy for blocks going into the mail drop and jump out of my car to visit with him when he stopped to drop his mail in the box. He must have thought I was crazy, but then, I am over this car!

All the forum folks will love what he told me "I got this from a dealer in Oklahoma and it was the first one to the US. They let me take it early"
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.

Last edited by 2SSONLY; 05-06-2009 at 07:53 AM.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #12
SS Vazz
It is what it is!

Drives: 2SS/RS Blacked out
In talking to my dealer yesterday, I was told that the unveiling here in NE Tennessee was still the 6th.....BUT.....there are no Maros in NE TN.......HMMMMMMMM???
SS Vazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Vazz View Post
In talking to my dealer yesterday, I was told that the unveiling here in NE Tennessee was still the 6th.....BUT.....there are no Maros in NE TN.......HMMMMMMMM???
Guess they'll put up a poster and TRY to answer questions about it.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #14
1camaro4me

Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
How do you call it a national unveiling day/event if it happens in a few places today, a few more at the end of the week, more next week, some next month, etc.

Maybe it's more like the circus comming to town.

Not well organized by GM
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote