Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
xqwzit

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS 6M
Anyone using the DashTronix for AFR and Boost?

I'm trying to get information on what is needed along with the dashtronix. Days go by before the company will email back and they don't answer their phone.

I know I need a wideband 02 sensor for the AFR to work. But what is needed for the boost gauge to work? It would be very helpful if the company website would say NOT INCLUDED BUT ALSO NEEDED are these items......
xqwzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Indyblue98
2012 RS 2ss

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2012 2SS WhippleCharged

Need customer support .

I just did a forum search to see about adding the Dashtronix unit when having a Whipple Supercharger added.
This was the newest post and none of theolder ones seem to add much info either.
The website seems a little short of detailed info.
I would like to see what it looks like in use...what features can be displayed at the same time. Speedo Tach ect.
Indyblue98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
I also have a whipple supercharger on a 2010 SS. I was planning on adding this when I pull the dash to install the HUD. I think I read in the FI forums that ADM Performance was going to be a distributor. I could be wrong. If anyone knows, please post.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
DashTronix

Drives: DashTronix Radar Projector
Location: Display your V1 or 9500ci on your radio, DIC or HUD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqwzit View Post
I'm trying to get information on what is needed along with the dashtronix. Days go by before the company will email back and they don't answer their phone.

I know I need a wideband 02 sensor for the AFR to work. But what is needed for the boost gauge to work? It would be very helpful if the company website would say NOT INCLUDED BUT ALSO NEEDED are these items......
We generally respond try to email inquiries within 48 hours. Its spring time and we are receiving a lot of inquiries about our products and try to respond to each one with the specific info requested.

Under the picture of the Gauge Projector screen shots it states that the Pressure Sensor is included. The pressure sensor is used to display Boost.

If you would like to display fuel pressure, AFR or anything else you will need to provide the additional sensors needed.

The Gauge Projector is a unit that displays 0-5 volt scaled output signals.
So you can display anything that has a 0-5 scaled output.

The user manual is available at www.dashtronix.com and explains how to hook up and program the unit.

Team DashTronix

Last edited by DashTronix; 04-14-2012 at 07:40 PM.
DashTronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
DashTronix

Drives: DashTronix Radar Projector
Location: Display your V1 or 9500ci on your radio, DIC or HUD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
I also have a whipple supercharger on a 2010 SS. I was planning on adding this when I pull the dash to install the HUD. I think I read in the FI forums that ADM Performance was going to be a distributor. I could be wrong. If anyone knows, please post.
ADM Performance does carry the DashTronix Gauge Projector.

Team DashTronix
DashTronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
usmcjlp

Thank you for the response. I'm glad you're a member now. Please be sure to check your pm's. I know of quite a few members that want to use your kit.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #7
xqwzit

I received a call from DashTronix yesterday, he answered all questions and then some. Told me not to hesitate if I had any other questions. Can't wait to get these hooked up!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #8
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I received my unit last week, but haven't had a chance to install it. Car is partially on stands waiting for a separate "issue" to be resolved.

I already have an Innovate LC-1 WB and AuxBox for boost going to a wifi OBDII module for iPhone wireless gauge. Will be using the Dashtronix included 2.5 bar MAP for boost and the LC-1 analog output.

Need to figure out the LC1 voltage output mapping for the dashtronix gauge mapping. Just need time and no distractions...

ADM carries it, but not sure if Andy has updated his webstore. May need to call for orders. If you want the OBDII secondary output splitter, need to go back to Dashtronix. I got it so I can plug-in HPT in without constantly swapping cables.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #9
xqwzit

Keep me updated on your install and any pics you may have.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:03 AM   #10
usmcjlp

I'm also waiting to see how it works for you.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #11
sting808

Just read the instructions and the included pressure sensor requires a 5 volt source. Luckily, I can tap my existing Innovate accesories for it. You will need a 5v power source or get a 12v compatible pressure sensor w/5v standard output. I expect the display to look the same as the website.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=265&page=1

I believe ADM sells the innovate 12v input pressure sensors, too. Or, find a 5v power source.

Dashtronix did a cool hack into the dash navigation display system. If you have HUD, it should display there, too.

I may try to install it tomorrow, but car is not in driving condition until I get some suspension parts in.

Last edited by sting808; 04-23-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #12
sting808

Ok. Summary. Refer to Dashtronix website for pics.

NOTE: I already have a WB, boost, G-meter, OBD scanners previously installed using Innovate products and my iPhone as the gauge. My boost sensor didn't have 5v out so I used the dashtronix one.

Does exactly as advertised on website. Looks the same. Stealth at a semi-reasonable price. OBD splitter allows simulatenous access to gauge projector and other OBD device. However, since it is a shared data bus, not sure how well it will work when data logging to HPT. Not sure if there would be lag in logging. That's my next test. SCT took a slightly longer time reading a CEL I triggered with both units hooked up. *subjective perception*

Work around is simple. Unplug Dashtronix.

If you're comfortable with wiring and did a WB already, this is a no brainer. Input#1 + (5v from WB)
Ground
Input#2 + (5v from MAP/boost)
Plug in OBD plug.

I used my innovate AuxBox to supply 5v to the Dashtronix included 2.5 BAR sensor. (3) wires, Red=5v supply, black=ground, gray=sensor output to gauge projector box. If you don't have a 5v supply, I would suggest something like Innovate's 3 bar boost sensor that will work with 5v or 12v supply. I used a common ground for all my sensors.

The PITA is programing the analog 5v sensor values, triggers, and low/high range for afr and boost on the gauge projector. Everything done with cruise control buttons.
(Cancel/ON/RES+/RES-)
And it must be done in one continuous process. If you make a mistake and enter a wrong value, you start again from the beginning. Took me a few tries, but finally got it. Take a look at the user manual. It's easier than me trying to type the setup process.

I didn't expect an elegant GUI(graphical user interface) for the price, but possibly using the radio buttons and knobs would have made it much easier. Will suggest that to Dashtronix, but steering cruise and radio systems may be different so don't know if can be done. Cruise seems the most universal solution that would work across different GM cars.

DIC displays a sensor label, numeric value, and asterix that represent a bar-like gauge. Numbers are pretty easy to read on the DIC.

If you're not comfortable with wiring and haven't even installed a WB yourself, take it to a shop and save yourself some trouble.

For a novice, installing everything including WB, is not easy, but not very difficult. If you can install alarms and stereos, it's pretty easy. Configuring the sensor values is a PITA sequence.