Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
BlAcK MaMbA SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS RS L99
Send a message via MSN to BlAcK MaMbA SS Send a message via Yahoo to BlAcK MaMbA SS
Question Need Help (DS Trinity t-1000)

Anyone with a Diablosport know if the actual stock DiabloSport Tuner settings for a Camaro are the ideal , or do I have someone make me one specified to my settings. I heard some people have said that uploading the factory DS tuner modification is good enough. Any input will be greatly appreciated
Old 05-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
Synner

Drives: cars
A generic setting assumed to be ok for every car made is never ideal. Pay for a tune if you want to see a benefit, especially for an L99 since most of your benefit will be in the trans tune which a stock diablo doesn't touch as far as I know.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
BlAcK MaMbA SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS RS L99
Send a message via MSN to BlAcK MaMbA SS Send a message via Yahoo to BlAcK MaMbA SS
Thanks just left a PM to 06MonteSS on the DS site
Old 06-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #4
wontsellit

Drives: IOM
Hope Lew got things right for you. I went with the Predator when I first got my car back in 09. I installed the 91 octane tune and wow. However I was really suprised after I did some data runs and sent the info to lew through an e-mail Holy sh** what an improvement even over the canned tune. And I'll tell you what,his customer service is second to none. I usually ask him questions about a problem I'm having to see if it's related to he custom tune he did. well worth the money for continued services.
wontsellit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlAcK MaMbA SS View Post
Anyone with a Diablosport know if the actual stock DiabloSport Tuner settings for a Camaro are the ideal , or do I have someone make me one specified to my settings. I heard some people have said that uploading the factory DS tuner modification is good enough. Any input will be greatly appreciated
On a Completely stock car they are Pretty good.

On the other Hand any modifications will require Custom Tuning.

I offer Custom tuning service for SCT and Diablo.

No one has more experience with this Platform, I have tune almost 1000 Gen5 Camaros 26 years in business.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
RickK54

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Hi Ted - very interested in your help. I have a modified 35th Anniversary SS Camaro convertible with only 28,000 miles on it. Had it a few months and it runs rough when idling and surges forward badly when slowing to a stop. I have a Trinity 1000 that i cannot use as we're not starting from stock. I'd like to keep the power (around 500 bhp) but less aggresive at low speeds.

If you can help please contact me. Thanks.
RickK54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickK54 View Post
Hi Ted - very interested in your help. I have a modified 35th Anniversary SS Camaro convertible with only 28,000 miles on it. Had it a few months and it runs rough when idling and surges forward badly when slowing to a stop. I have a Trinity 1000 that i cannot use as we're not starting from stock. I'd like to keep the power (around 500 bhp) but less aggresive at low speeds.

If you can help please contact me. Thanks.
Best to call me, or email me for help, I am sure I have a solution.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote