Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Have a little courtesy

So I had the day off and I decided to pamper my 2012 1LT/RS. I decided that I would give her a full wash, clean, and detailing today. So I went and got a car was and I vacuumed out the interior. When I got back to my place I started detailing and shining up all the interior pieces. Today the yards keepers mowed the grass. I guess after they are all done they strap a leaf blower to a ride on mower and blow the trimmings off of the pavement and back into the grass. I have my doors open and I’m just about finished with my interior. Then I see this guy driving right at me with a huge cloud of dirt and pollen following him. I quickly run around and shut my car doors. He drove right by my car covering it from the dirt and pollen. Are F***ing kidding me! He didn’t even care, he probably would have done it if I left my doors open too. So I’m pissed trying to dust my car off. When I finished that I started to shine up my wheels. Then I hear him coming back for more and again he starts coming right at me. I think screw this and I jump in my car and go for a quick highway cruise. I get home finish up my wheels and here I am.
Now I know I can get another car wash cheap and I probably will. I just can’t believe this guy sees me shining my car up and just thinks he should cover it in dirt. He must drive a Civic and had some car envy.
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
On second read...i agree with you. I thought the car was driving down the road. But someone on the mower did that? Ok...I now agree with you. My B

But they are doing work, and its life.

I get pissed when I put the car in the garage and I come out hte next morning ot dust over it. But hating these guys is like hating pollen dropping on your car from a tree.

As for insulting the Civic, why do people resort to insulting honda's all the time? Such pointless hate. I love my Honda, I love my Camaro. Don't degrade a car because you don't like it. There are plenty of Civic SI's (not this gen sadly) that are sharp as hell.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
That's pretty bad... I will say, most of the folks I encounter are pretty good about that stuff: Guys with WeedEaters, or leaf blowers will pause as I roll by, and if somebody is washing their own car, they'll aim the hose the other way... simple courtesy, but much appreciated.

I guess that's one reason why the losers who DON'T seem to lack the simple courtesy gene really stand out!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I live in an apt complex and despite having my own personal covered parking for my SS, grass from the mowers still gets thrown in. You cant gett mad at them for doing their job, its frustrating but tis life.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
That does suck, he was thoughless for doing that though
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
On second read...i agree with you. I thought the car was driving down the road. But someone on the mower did that? Ok...I now agree with you. My B

But they are doing work, and its life.

I get pissed when I put the car in the garage and I come out hte next morning ot dust over it. But hating these guys is like hating pollen dropping on your car from a tree.

As for insulting the Civic, why do people resort to insulting honda's all the time? Such pointless hate. I love my Honda, I love my Camaro. Don't degrade a car because you don't like it. There are plenty of Civic SI's (not this gen sadly) that are sharp as hell.
Bought my SS from a honda dealer
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
It's why I never ever drive my Camaro to work on a Wednesday during mowing months. Not the workers fault - they do as best as they can but fact of life when you mow the junk floats in the air everywhere. Whatever I drive has a layer of dust on Wednesday nights.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Just a wild guess, but the guys who operate leaf-blowers may not be automobile enthusiasts as much as the owners are...I've tried politely to get the guys behind my house to use a rake instead of blowing everything over the wall and into my yard..lol
I just don't think they see any logic to why they should operate any differently...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
you took your car to a carwash?
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
yea i hate that stuff..but at the end of the day we have to realize hes doing his job. he needs to get paid and is on a schedule and they dont want to wait for us to get finished shining are cars to do their job..it sucks but thats the way the cookie crumbles.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Go live somewhere that you can mow your own grass or have your own garage. Those lawn guys get paid to do a job just like you do. Not their fault you decided to do that the day they need to mow.
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
That's totally f&%ked up man ! But then again some folks just don't have common sense. A friend once said to me that "common sense isn't even that common anymore". Hey be happy it was just the leaves he was blow your way. The fool could have driven the machine into your camaro. Then you'd really be-
Old 05-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bildo View Post
Go live somewhere that you can mow your own grass or have your own garage. Those lawn guys get paid to do a job just like you do. Not their fault you decided to do that the day they need to mow.
I just got out of college a year ago. Next step in life is the house and I cant wait to have my own garage.
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
Coltrane
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
He did it on purpose! You should've kicked his ass!

Only kidding! LOL!
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote