Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
NH-SS

Drives: 2010 SS2,6M
SCT X3 Power Flash

I'm thinking of getting an SCT X3 Power Flash from JRE. My mods are Kooks LT, Hi Flow cats, CAI. Does anyone have comments on how the power flash performs ?
NH-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
mpyle007

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
Mine performs awesome, but I need to data log for Ted and I have had zero success doing this. I have tried tech support at SCT and I have spent hours. My car seems to shift funny lately and something is causing it. You can't go wrong with his tunes though.
GMPP axle back exhaust system
Custom Dyno tune by ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics)
BMR 1.4" Springs all four corners

"There is no replacement for displacement"
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
997turbo

Drives: CAMARO 1SS 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyle007 View Post
Mine performs awesome, but I need to data log for Ted and I have had zero success doing this. I have tried tech support at SCT and I have spent hours. My car seems to shift funny lately and something is causing it. You can't go wrong with his tunes though.
I wasted 2 nights to figure it out,tried 2 x laptop with 3x firmware and never got it work.It keep showing nothing when logging.

Finally I got it work with on device logging.make sure you have 137.03.
Do everything like usual,after read pids out and selected,click export Dle.
Then write whatever name you want it show in sct and save it.
Now leave the laptop there,do not disconnect anything.pick the sct,press cancel to return back to main manual.select data logging,then setup monitor,choose no and next,it will show the del file you just saved.select then you will see pids,select all then press cancel to done. You now can start logging. After logging press cancel to save.
Return to laptop,click import dle. You can then download the datalog file back from the sct and save.

Try then.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
Jakeman

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I have Borla S axle back exhaust, Airaid CAI and added Kooks LTs. Got Jennetty SCT X3 tune. Awesome improvement. I had no problem with the process. Took about 15 minutes for stock download from car and a few minutes into computer. E mailed Ted. He had tune back within an hour. About a 10 minute download from computer then about 20 minutes into car.

Car started, CEL went off and car took off like a bandit. Over a week and 200 miles and I am very pleased with the car's performance.
Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-SS View Post
I'm thinking of getting an SCT X3 Power Flash from JRE. My mods are Kooks LT, Hi Flow cats, CAI. Does anyone have comments on how the power flash performs ?
I've been using it on my car since 2009. Awesome product and even better service. Ted has probably sent me upwards of 75 different tunes. He's always tweaking and improving. Even when I'm at the track and he's in the shop the SCT allows him to see what's going on and make adjustments. You'll def be happy!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:55 AM   #6
NH-SS

Drives: 2010 SS2,6M
Great,. !! Thanks for the info. I have heard that turning off the torque management makes a big difference. Can't wait to try it.
NH-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Data logging can be frustrating with the SCT. Although dropping in the tune with the SCT was simple.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
Data logging can be frustrating with the SCT. Although dropping in the tune with the SCT was simple.
SCT continues to improve the logging issues that only certain cars are affected by.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
Motion427
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99
I also received a SCT from Ted on friday,he was nice enough to send me his tune saturday morning.Everything went well.But to be honest,I haven't taken the car out for a spin yet. It still starts anyway.
Motion427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
SCT continues to improve the logging issues that only certain cars are affected by.

Ted.
Yes, they are still working on updates. I'm up to the xxxx.11 firmware update, which is unreleased. To my knowledge, SCT wants to get all the bugs out before releasing the "official" update on their website. It is improving. This is about my 4th firmware update. I think I'm one of the guinea pigs.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
I just got my tune from Ted last night....and I'm still smiling!
Just getting rid of the AFM was enough, add the firmer/crisper shifts, more power, and hopefully cleaner exhaust tips and rear of car (better gas mileage), and it was well worth the time and money...the BEST part is that my FLOWMASTER OUTLAW system sounds exactly like a Full Blown Muscle Car should!
Chalk me up as another OVER-JOYED customer!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
I just got my tune from Ted last night....and I'm still smiling!
Just getting rid of the AFM was enough, add the firmer/crisper shifts, more power, and hopefully cleaner exhaust tips and rear of car (better gas mileage), and it was well worth the time and money...the BEST part is that my FLOWMASTER OUTLAW system sounds exactly like a Full Blown Muscle Car should!
Chalk me up as another OVER-JOYED customer!
Thank you for the Review.

Ted.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #13
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you for the Review.

Ted.
No, Thank You for making my Camaro what it should have been from the factory!
The start-up and stop light bucking is gone, the erratic shifting is gone, the tires actually chirped on shifts when I got on it yesterday, I can lay down rubber with the 315's, the driveability is amazing now, and I also have ZERO drone with the Flowmaster Outlaw...ZERO, just the sound of American Muscle!
As for fuel mileage...that will have to wait until my right foot gets tired of hearing the beautiful sound of no AFM!
The only thing that comes to mind, is....Perma Grin!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
No, Thank You for making my Camaro what it should have been from the factory!
The start-up and stop light bucking is gone, the erratic shifting is gone, the tires actually chirped on shifts when I got on it yesterday, I can lay down rubber with the 315's, the driveability is amazing now, and I also have ZERO drone with the Flowmaster Outlaw...ZERO, just the sound of American Muscle!
As for fuel mileage...that will have to wait until my right foot gets tired of hearing the beautiful sound of no AFM!
The only thing that comes to mind, is....Perma Grin!
AWESOME!!!