Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
TreasureCoastCamaro
CRUISN1

Drives: 2010 LT/RS
Has Anybody Ordered Door Panels from.....

Hey Everybody.....Has anybody ordered pre-painted interior door panels and dash trim from RPI Designs? Has been debating over Victory Red panels/trims to install in my RS, which they paint & sell, however, I read many, many threads about removing the black cloth, have them painted yourself locally. or I can buy OEM "silver" panels/trim which is my second choice. What I don't want is the "cheezy painted look" on the outside painted panel. Great care must be taken to ensure the paint and high gloss coating. So .... has anybody ordered these painted panels from RPI Designs and how would you rate them?

CRUSIN1

2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6 Speed, RX Catch Can w/ Breather, CAI, DRL Harness, V-LEDS, 4 Gauge Cluster, Painted Calipers, RS Emroidered Headrest. Build #05410
TreasureCoastCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Yes I have. I love them but (theres always a but) they dont fit as well as the oem ones. I had to trim down the posts on the door panel to make it fit better. Wasnt that difficult to do. The quality is very good tho. Very happy w it.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Yes I have. I love them but (theres always a but) they dont fit as well as the oem ones. I had to trim down the posts on the door panel to make it fit better. Wasnt that difficult to do. The quality is very good tho. Very happy w it.
Any pics of the issue mentioned?

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hpbluez28 View Post
Any pics of the issue mentioned?
No I didnt take any pics. When you take the panels off and take the inserts out. There are several posts where the new insert screws in. About 8 of them needed to be shaved down so the insert would set flush.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Didn't order mine from there...but instead I took the cloth off the panels and painted them myself. I used a gloss clear and it looks great for what I had to work with. No "cheese" whatsoever.

I understand anyone not wanting to tackle it themselves, if they're not comfortable with it, and want to spend the money on all new ones.
Attached Images

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #6
TreasureCoastCamaro
CRUISN1

Drives: 2010 LT/RS
I think I'll try printing them Victory Red! I'll get them professional painted, have the fuse box, CAI cover and the engine cover done. To give to a shiney/glossly look, 4 coats of clear will need to be add. My only concern will be the "freshly painted" smell in the car, I guess one can wait a few day for panels/trim to air.

2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6 Speed, RX Catch Can w/ Breather, CAI, DRL Harness, V-LEDS, 4 Gauge Cluster, Painted Calipers, RS Emroidered Headrest. Build #05410
TreasureCoastCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote