Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
New GM, Old GM, or just GM? Circle one.

Or...how to have your cake and eat it, too.

Sometimes, just when I think GM is doing the right thing, they go and do something completely dumb IMO and makes me sad. Totally conflicting messages they put out about what, or who, GM really is. I want to believe, but the GM lawyers seem to RUIN it. I know it's their job to protect GM's interests, but nobody else gets to have things both ways, and as much as I love GM, they shouldn't either.

Quote:
A GM spokesman said "there is no basis for punishing the new General Motors Co. for the alleged transgressions of an older, totally different company, nor is there any policy served by punishing the new GM."

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2012/05/16/wsj-gm-claims-immunity-for-its-old-cars/#ixzz1wJrLbEQT
And yet on the other hand, we have this:

http://media.gm.com/product/public/u.../timeline.html

So you want to "trace" your "roots" back to 1908 with no mention of the bankruptcy or "new" GM, but then turn around and say you're NOT the same company when you want to claim immunity? While legally there's precedence, I suppose, but then why lay claim to a history that isn't yours? Oh, the president kinda enhanced history here too, so it's ok? (check out the "did you know" sections of each president's bio) Hmmm. I love you GM, but sometimes you just do stupid stuff.

Can't make this stuff up, folks.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Okay so without going into to much detail here, let me just give you my .02 cents. This whole let me sue everyone thing is completely ridiculous. This person's tire blew out, and yes it is very upsetting that they passed because of this, but it had almost absolutly nothing to do with GM. It should be the responsibility of U-Haul to have the vehicle performing. This has nothing to do with GM, but rather the over extending arms of people wanting hand outs from big corporations. Please here me out, I do feel bad that this person passed and i wish their family the best in recovery, but for someone to sue an auto manufacturer because a tire that they did not produce blew out is ridiculous.

I am okay with GM saying we cant be sued, because if not then they would be sued by other parties. I.E. say hello to way higher priced cars.

I am sick and tired of a SUE happy United States. I love this country and will always want to be here, but you can not do anything now a days without someone threatening to sue you for this that and that other thing.

end- rant-
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Isn't this U-Haul thing with the tire? How would GM be responsible for a bad tire that wasn't taken care of by U-Haul?
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote