Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 06-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Music City Chevy Show July12-15, 2012

This is a great show & only comes around every other year. Tysen & I went just to the cruise in part 2 years ago and had fun but we missed seeing fbodfather. :( It is at the Millenium Maxwell House in the Metro Center area of Nashville. There are lots of fun events & I plan to be at ALL of them. I'm not sure if fbodfather will be there this year or not but I will be. Even just attending the cruise in I got a nice pic of me driving Ruby into the show & love it. Here is a link to more info about the event. (Notice modern Camaros are invited but not modern Corvettes, they love us!)

07/12/2012 - 07/15/2012
Open to all
1955-57 Chevys
1958-72 Late Great Chevys
1967-2012 Camaros & Firebirds
1953-82 Corvettes

2025 Rosa L. Parks Blvd
Nashville, TN 37228

http://www.classicchevy.com/showregi...iewshow/id/37/
Old 06-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
RubyCamaro
Jan

Update! I talked to the event organizer today and they very much want a good showing from our club. BTW 2 clubs from other parts of the country are planning to attend and it would be very sad if they out participated us! Goos news. You can participate as a "Cruiser" for only $10 and still be eligible for awards or as Show & Shine for the full $60 which includes the BBQ dinner on Th evening, t-shirt, the dance on Sat night, etc. If you want to visit any Nashville sites during hte days of the event they will provide shuttle service to wherever you want to go & you can call to be picked up when ready. You can go on the site & download details about the full 1000 point judging for Show & Shine category. If you really want to know where your ride stacks up on a nationally recognized standard evaluation system. Thursday a diaplay will arrive fro Rick Hendrick motorsports and the BBQ dinner is described as an extra nice event. Friday there will be a seminar on hte judgging system as all participants will be trained as judges & be on teams of 3, one highly expreienced, one with some expreience & one new to judging. Each team will judge 6 or so cars using the system. The number of points you get on htis system becomes a point of respect (or not) and is used in sales/auctions to value the car. On Saturday there will be a cruise from hte hotel through downtown Nashville with a local news caster (Demetria Calidemos (sp?) they think), leading the way in a convertable. The dance on Saturday will feature the Chessmen and a Blues Brothers imitators froup who are supposed to be really good. There will also be a lot of door prizes given away druing the dance. So.................something for everyone. Let's have a good showing for this one!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
RubyCamaro
Jan

It does sound like the host hotel is full already but there are other hotels in the area. PM me if you need hotel info.

Edit:the host hotel is not full but all the reserved special rate rooms for the show are booked. YOu can still get a room but hte cost is a little higher.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 06-28-2012 at 01:28 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
CCCF99nbm

Drives: 1999 NBM Z-28
Arrangements made and currently prepping for the trip, leaving Wed. July 11th from Central Florida along with a handful of CCCF members. Will arrive mid day Thursday after overnighting north of Atlanta. Should be a good time, similar to the WinterNational event held in Feb. in Orlando. Hope to see a good variety of Classic Chevys from the area.

Changing muffler bearings, turn signal fluid, bleeding winter air for summer air in the tires, flux capacitor is fluxing, Now where did I put the detailing brush for the inside of my exhaust? 1000 pt. judging is brutal...........
CCCF99nbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Good news for anyone just making plans to attend & not able to arrive before Friday at 5:00. The good news is that I can pre-register for folks who cannot make it to the Maxwell House Hotel Friday Afternoon to pre-register then you can pay ($10 cruise in fee) when you arrive on Sat. I will have a form faxed to me later this afternoon so I can see what info I will need to be able to do that. The organizers very much want there to be as many of us there as possible so they are being very flexable with us. They have seen some of our cars & think we are the Bomb!!!!!! So if you are not able to register on Fri, stay tuned for the info you will need to get to me so I can complete it for you or send me a PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
RubyCamaro
Jan

To pre-register you on Thursday I will need: your first & last name, & of family members/guests; year, model, color of your car(S); if you will be driving it in or trailering it in; if you will be doing the Criuse-in only (must arrive by 10:00 sat) or the 1000 point Show & Shine judging (Judging starts at 8:00 AM sharp Sat & there is a mandatory judging meeting at 3:00 Friday). You can pay when you arrive. You can send it to me in a PM.