Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
Ieatfordsforlunch

Drives: 2008 colorado
Tuners in Kentucky near ft Knox

Dose anybody know of a good tuner near me that will do a good dyno tune for a 2012 with an intake cam and headers? I just moved to the area and don't know nothing about what's around here any thing will be great! Or if I can get a custom tune sent to me if I give the specs of what I'm installing that would work too I'd just prefer a dyno tune to get the most out of my car!!!
Ieatfordsforlunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
Ieatfordsforlunch

Drives: 2008 colorado
Bump. Anybody?
Ieatfordsforlunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
This guy isn't in Kentucky, but he's not far. Best tuner in the country hands down...

http://mikenorrismotorsports.com/Home_Page.php
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
BluegraSS

Drives: 2012 Victory Red SS/RS
Cincy Speed in Cincinnati do good work.

My experience with tuners is that most are capable of doing good engine tunes, but not as many are able to tune automatic transmissions worth a hoot.

I recommend you contact Ted at Jannetty Racing. I'm very pleased with his mail-order tune I have in my car.
BluegraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
DO NOT GO TO CINCY SPEED. My car had to be retuned after they installed my headers.

Mike Norris in Indy is the best. Ted is pretty good also, but if you want something close. Indy isn't far. Give Mike a call and after talking to him. I bet you won't ever think about having another person touch your car.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
bluecat , or james short

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieatfordsforlunch View Post
Dose anybody know of a good tuner near me that will do a good dyno tune for a 2012 with an intake cam and headers? I just moved to the area and don't know nothing about what's around here any thing will be great! Or if I can get a custom tune sent to me if I give the specs of what I'm installing that would work too I'd just prefer a dyno tune to get the most out of my car!!!
I do remote Custom tuning all over the world via the SCT X3 and email.

I am positive, I can supply you with a great Tune.

Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 07-05-2012 at 08:43 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
or u could do a jannetty tune i have one its works very well.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriSS84 View Post
This guy isn't in Kentucky, but he's not far. Best tuner in the country hands down...

http://mikenorrismotorsports.com/Home_Page.php
He is the only one in the area I would let touch my cars.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #10
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
DO NOT GO TO CINCY SPEED. My car had to be retuned after they installed my headers.
Chris,
Hopefully you are staying safe over seas, Thank you for your continued service. As a prior serviceman myself, I understand how hard it is to be away from family and friends.

Last time we chatted, you were suppose to bring the Camaro back for us to look at a problem you were having while driving 60mph.

Quote:
I've heard stories already, but I have a really good friend that has a LPE camaro and he has rebuilt the whole thing and actually has a sponsorship from them now. He told me that is should hold up for a decent amount of time. He said it's all about the tuner. I gotta find a good tuner. I'm up in the air about Cincy speed. I think my tune I got from them when I did my headers is a little off. Car acts funny at around 60 mph. I might pay Mike Norris a visit and get my car tuned by him. Everybody speaks highly of him and his work.
Quote:
I plan on giving them a chance to correct it. I wasn't bashing just saying my tune is a little off to me. I would have taken it back, but I got super busy and then this little trip to the 'stan came up. I'm probably gonna let them install the PC just cause I don't want to mess with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkss View Post
Im glad to see you are giving us a chance to make it right. I wish you would have called me as soon as you noticed this glitch. We have tuned many many LS based vehicles with no issues, so Im confident we can get make it right.
Just give me a call when you get a chance and we will get you scheduled in.

Craig
513-821-2221
Quote:
Thanks, I've been gone since July and really didn't have the time before to get back down there. I should be getting back around Sept. I'll call and have you guys look at tweaking the tune. I might have some other work as well. I'm thinking hard about getting a Procharger. If you could PM me some pricing that would be great.
Like I stated in these early posts, we had no idea you were unhappy with the tune until I read about it here on the forums.
Im sorry you were not happy with the tune, but I wish we couldve made it right by you.
But, I am happy to see that Mike got you squared away as I hear he is good at what he does.

Craig Newport, Owner

Last edited by Qwkss; 06-10-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote