Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Do you miss your single life (family folks welcome)

This thread is for guys and women who are not single (married or engaged) and have children. If you don't have children, feel free to chime in.

Do you miss being single? Do you miss hanging out in clubs, friends, free time w/ tv? Not so much looking for hooking up but all the other perks that came with it.

Do you regret it getting married and/or having a child? If not, how do you deal with it?
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
TastyBake

I'm in the "about to jump in" category.
I didn't want to focus this about me. This isn't something where I'm having regrets, I shouldn't do this because. yada yada.

I just wanted to learn from other's true experiences.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
subscribed

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
was with someone for almost 10 years. married for about 5 of those years. have been single for about 2 years. just started my first relationship since the divorce, last weekend. Couldn't be happier.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
the only thing worse than being married is being single. Married 18 years and don't miss a thing about being single. Its always nice to have "me" time, but the other perks are better. Just have to get the right partner.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
was with someone for almost 10 years. married for about 5 of those years. have been single for about 2 years. just started my first relationship since the divorce, last weekend. Couldn't be happier.
I thought there was a MrsASSian???

I was married for 3.5 years. Loved the single life, kinda got derailed into getting married. I'm divorced 10 years and have an 11 y/o son. Cause of the divorce? Bought a new Mustang Cobra without "permission".

I have no regrets...
Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post

I was married for 3.5 years. Loved the single life, kinda got derailed into getting married. I'm divorced 10 years and have an 11 y/o son. Cause of the divorce? Bought a new Mustang Cobra without "permission".

I have no regrets...
That is an ongoing joke. Internet wife...which turned into my real life girlfriend.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Caitlin&Caroline

Drives: '11 2SS IOM/IO A6, '06 Outback Ltd
I married my best friend a little over two years ago, and we celebrated 10 years together in June.

We put off getting married for sooooo long because we were worried about... something. We are still not sure what. I guess we thought our individual lives and freedom would magically *poof* after the "I do"s. Nope. We still go out with friends/watch TV/read/etc. *And* we work well as a team. Our lives are not really that much different than before. Honestly, I think it is a little more fun now.

No kids. No plan for kids. Plan for no kids.
We just got a dog though in February - probably wouldn't do that again if I had another chance.

We have several friends that are divorced (some more than once) that thought marriage would change them/their spouse. We also have several happily single friends and a handful of happily married friends.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
That is an ongoing joke. Internet wife...which turned into my real life girlfriend.
Ah HA! Very nice! Congrats. Now, back to our original program...
Old 08-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post

I have no regrets...
Damn
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
I'm in the "about to jump in" category.
Gee... I never would have guessed.

If you absolutely love your freedom, nightlife, parties, boy's nights out - don't get married if you aren't willing to cut them out or at least drastically cut back. You will miss them and come to resent the little woman, which ain't good (or fair).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Yes and no. My bf and I have been broke up for the last 3 mths but are trying to work things out. We dont have children together but I have 6 yr old twins from a previous marriage. Bf and I were together for 2 yrs. I enjoy not having the expections of a relationship, thats the best part of being single. You can do anything YOU want and not worry about upsetting your partner. But I enjoy being in a committed relationship as well. I went on a few dates and realized that I loved my bf and wanted to try at one last time. Im not so sure itll work out but if it doesnt at least I can say I gave it my all.

My exhusband and I were together for 12.5 yrs married for 9. Domestic violence ended that relationship and thats a deal breaker so no sense in making that work. I stayed as long as I could.

Good luck in whatever you decide but think of the bigger picture before you leave especially if kids are involved. Dont stay just for the kids but if theres a chance things can be worked out, Try for them.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #13
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
not really, it's just another chapter of a wonderful story. Having a Camaro is just icing on the cake.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
TastyBake

Based of the replies it really does all depend on getting the right one.

I personally don't like the single life as there are a lot of insecure and thirsty women out there that are set in their ways.

Finding someone compatible, beautiful, etc does remove that problem. The "me" time is worrying me. Initially, i ws willing to sacrifice it as the "we" time is different and fun.

Here's a big question:
What were sime of the things you did give up to marry them?