Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
MITCH56

Drives: 2012
Ex Solstice Owner new to Forum

Hey all,

I just found this Forum, and will be buying a Camaro soon. I just sold my First year 2006 Pontiac Solstice Vert. with 15k on it. For me living up here in Maine I have always stored my vehicles from Oct 20-April 20 so my cars are kept away from salt and sand. I really want a 13 Yellow V6 Camaro with the back stipres like I have seen on here several times. Does anyone have any ideas on the High rear Spoiler?
Is it Dealer Installed?

Is the V6 323 Engine a good engine? I'm guessing the power should be plenty for me coming from a 4 banger.. Just thought I would ask the experts? Thanks!
Mitch
MITCH56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Mitch, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
MITCH56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Mitch, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Thanks Sir! I am used to this kind of stuff coming from the SOLSTICEFORUM.COM Wild West..

I think the Camaro may have the Solstice beat

Mitch
Old 08-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Welcome to Camaro5
Old 08-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Welcome to the site. Grab a Camaro and give us a call when you're ready to add some power!
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Welcome! The high wing spoiler requires different holes than the stock spoilers, so if you are buying one off the lot you will need one without a stock spoiler. If you are ordering your car from a dealer, you can order it so they can install the high wing.

I really like my 2012 v6 LFX . It has plenty of power for me and is a great daily driver. I even have fun with it at the track with my car club. The v8 was more power than I wanted. I also wanted a car to mod out and an SS or RS to me had too many mods on stock model that I didn't want.

I am absolutely happy with my v6. Although in 3 years I do want to buy a v8 and take it to a different place than I took my v6. Modding these cars is a blast. I bought a 1LS and totally love it as a blank canvas.

I plan on keeping the v6 and give it to my son for his first car. He helps me decide what mods we are going for and is going to help me with some. So hopefully he will feel the car is his since he had a hand in it.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
You will like the V6, easy to mod e.g. CAI,exhaust etc. Alot is coming along on the LSX
Old 08-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
welcome
Old 08-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Welcome!

As an ex Saturn Sky owner I can say you won't be disappointed. Going from 170Hp to over 300 will be great. But I will say if you loved the convertible in the Solstice get the Camaro in a convertible. My first Camaro wasn't an I felt like I missed my convertible, so I traded 2 months ago and it was a great decision. Much more comfortable than my Sky with most of the same feelings when you drive. The Camaro does not quite handle as well due to the size and weight but the pluses outweigh the minuses by a long shot.

Welcome to the forum and soon to the Camaro Permagrin Club!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
MITCH56

Gee thanks All, I am looking forward to having a Sports Car again. So the V6 is what I will buy. Can't beat the Gas Mileage on the V6.

I really don't care much for the Mustang, and I really like the looks of the Camaro, reminds me of my old 69 Camaro when I was young. Does the High Spoiler come painted? I wouldn't want the Dealer to have to paint it? Don't trust the Dealers...

Mitch
Old 08-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCH56 View Post
Gee thanks All, I am looking forward to having a Sports Car again. So the V6 is what I will buy. Can't beat the Gas Mileage on the V6.

I really don't care much for the Mustang, and I really like the looks of the Camaro, reminds me of my old 69 Camaro when I was young. Does the High Spoiler come painted? I wouldn't want the Dealer to have to paint it? Don't trust the Dealers...

Mitch
If you order your car and order the spoiler at the same time to be dealer installed it will definitely come painted. I am not sure if it will come with stripes to match though.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The Camaro is going to be a different animal than what you are used to. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts after getting some driving time.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Welcome!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome to the best place on earth