Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Yet another dealer rant....

So here is the issue...

Had my camaro taken to a dealership last week to replace the dash. Dropped it off on Wednesday and picked up on Friday afternoon. I drove it directly home (did not stop anywhere) and it went into the garage. It was dirty and I told them NOT to wash it (since most of you know what happens if they do). Saturday I pulled it out for a wash and noticed several things:

First, the steering wheel airbag cover had about 6-8 minor gashes in it. Enough that I wanted it replaced. Second, there was a loose wire dangling out near the clutch (which I discovered later was the module that is used to check the engine and I snapped it back where it belonged). Third and finally (which is the worst) I discovered a small dent on my driver's door near the middle and 4-5 inches from the handle.

I immediately called but none of the service managers were working that day. Called again on Sunday but still no managers. On Monday I called and left a message with the service manager (which I never got a call back) then called a few hours later and spoke to the assistant service manager. I explained the problems and he told me to bring it in today.

Here comes the problem. When he looked over the damage to the wheel and door, it suddenly remember that the damaged to the door was there when I dropped it off, and he had documented it "somewhere".......really???

One of his mechanics looked at it and said it was an easy fix. They told me to bring it back tomorrow to fix but Im concerned they are going to charge me and say it wasn't there fault.

As many of you are, I am anal about my vehicle. Im the guy who parks a the far end of a lot, away from any other vehicles. If I do park near one, I take photos of the license plates in the event I return, the car is gone and I have a dent or scratch. When I dropped my vehicle off, I looked it over and took photographs BEFORE they took possession of it. There were no dents on it at that time.

I don't have much confidence with this dealership, but I don't have a choice right now on repairing the damages (we also don't have a lot of options up here). There seems to be zero customer service with the managers and I don't want to be stuck with a bill from damages caused on their lot.

Tomorrow, it they try to screw me, what are my options?
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
RacingSnoopy48

Drives: Nissan quest
If you have photograph evidence that the damage wasnt there before then i dont see how they can charge you...
RacingSnoopy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskacamaro View Post
So here is the issue...

Had my camaro taken to a dealership last week to replace the dash. Dropped it off on Wednesday and picked up on Friday afternoon. I drove it directly home (did not stop anywhere) and it went into the garage. It was dirty and I told them NOT to wash it (since most of you know what happens if they do). Saturday I pulled it out for a wash and noticed several things:

First, the steering wheel airbag cover had about 6-8 minor gashes in it. Enough that I wanted it replaced. Second, there was a loose wire dangling out near the clutch (which I discovered later was the module that is used to check the engine and I snapped it back where it belonged). Third and finally (which is the worst) I discovered a small dent on my driver's door near the middle and 4-5 inches from the handle.

I immediately called but none of the service managers were working that day. Called again on Sunday but still no managers. On Monday I called and left a message with the service manager (which I never got a call back) then called a few hours later and spoke to the assistant service manager. I explained the problems and he told me to bring it in today.

Here comes the problem. When he looked over the damage to the wheel and door, it suddenly remember that the damaged to the door was there when I dropped it off, and he had documented it "somewhere".......really???

One of his mechanics looked at it and said it was an easy fix. They told me to bring it back tomorrow to fix but Im concerned they are going to charge me and say it wasn't there fault.

As many of you are, I am anal about my vehicle. Im the guy who parks a the far end of a lot, away from any other vehicles. If I do park near one, I take photos of the license plates in the event I return, the car is gone and I have a dent or scratch. When I dropped my vehicle off, I looked it over and took photographs BEFORE they took possession of it. There were no dents on it at that time.

I don't have much confidence with this dealership, but I don't have a choice right now on repairing the damages (we also don't have a lot of options up here). There seems to be zero customer service with the managers and I don't want to be stuck with a bill from damages caused on their lot.

Tomorrow, it they try to screw me, what are my options?
Please let us know what the dealership was able to address for you. If you have any concerns after the vehicle is diagnosed, please contact me at your convenience and we can check to see if there are any options available.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service