Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
WHAT'S MY NEXT MOVE? dealership lied

Ok, been going through a little drama with my car. When I bought the car NEW I purposely asked if there was ever any work done to the car from damages that may have occured during transport or anything else and they insured me nothing was done and it was all 100% factory.

Well a couple of months later (after an extensive detailing) I noticed some factory paint flaws (paint runs, dirt in paint and craters) and took the car back to arrange for the things to get fixed. Again, (after a local body shop said it looked like it was repainted) I asked the dealership if the car had ever had any paint work done. Again, they insured me that it had not and that it was indeed a factory flaw.

Fast forward....after 3 months of trying to get my car fixed and a few calls to customer service, I finally get directed to go to a different dealership. They looked at the car saturday and then again today (both body shop managers wanted to see the damage) and they both agreed that the nose was repainted. I tell them that the original dealership assured me that it was never touched. Well they looked into it and discovered that my purchasing dealership DID actually repair the front nose and has been lying to me this entire time. What are my options as far as recourse with my purchasing dealership (diminished value, not giving full disclosure of the damage before purchasing)?
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
I'd ask for a brand new car or a discount Dealerships are the worst liars in the buisness. A smile and eye contact means nothing to them but, a knife in the back as you drive off the parking lot.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
Ok, been going through a little drama with my car. When I bought the car NEW I purposely asked if there was ever any work done to the car from damages that may have occured during transport or anything else and they insured me nothing was done and it was all 100% factory.

Well a couple of months later (after an extensive detailing) I noticed some factory paint flaws (paint runs, dirt in paint and craters) and took the car back to arrange for the things to get fixed. Again, (after a local body shop said it looked like it was repainted) I asked the dealership if the car had ever had any paint work done. Again, they insured me that it had not and that it was indeed a factory flaw.

Fast forward....after 3 months of trying to get my car fixed and a few calls to customer service, I finally get directed to go to a different dealership. They looked at the car saturday and then again today (both body shop managers wanted to see the damage) and they both agreed that the nose was repainted. I tell them that the original dealership assured me that it was never touched. Well they looked into it and discovered that my purchasing dealership DID actually repair the front nose and has been lying to me this entire time. What are my options as far as recourse with my purchasing dealership (diminished value, not giving full disclosure of the damage before purchasing)?
I think submitting a report to the BBB would be advisable.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
mcbeth15

Drives: '11 RS 2LT IBM
Ask your new dealer to help you contact GM and workout some sort of a deal with the customer service folks. I can' t believe GM wants this kind of dealership representing them.
mcbeth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Not much you can really do. They do come from the factory with paint flaws and are damaged in transport. All you have is one dealer talking down about another dealer. I would just take what ever repairs are offered if any, and move on.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
same problem
runs
dirt
paint tape lines from repair

all i got was a take it or leave it..

fired the dealership

called the gm rep...nothing...didnt even speak english well.....
4 times later i gave up and repaired it myself...and shes sparkly now.

today they called to ask how the service was.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

guess what i said......(edit)
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
cbravoSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
I was sort of in the same situation. I ordered my car and when I got the call that it had been delivered the dealership told me that it had been wrecked by the PDI (I think this is pre delivery inspection) guys. Of course I wasn't happy but I was offered a discount on the car and damages repaired or order a new one. I didn't even get the full details of the damage and said order a new one. I didn't want to start off with repairs since I plan on keeping it a long time. I'm just glad they were honest and told me upfront. Now I have another six weeks or so to wait. Sorry about your car.
cbravoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
I would just get them to make it right and move on. Its not like it was wrecked. It probably got scratched up during shipping and they did a crappy job fixing it. It sux that they lied, but its life. It will be more trouble than its worth to get anything of value out of them. Have them fix it and then go enjoy your car.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Wow for a while I thought lying was unacceptable. Sounds like some happy go lucky leftists. I'd be pissed. Around here your word is your @ss and one gets busted if you break the other.

People who leave these idiots unaccountable or unchallenged are part of the reason they deem these practices acceptable.

I would become such a thorn in their side that that they'd think twice about duping anyone else...and that's a guarentee.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Leftist? About the farthest thing from it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Wow for a while I thought lying was unacceptable. Sounds like some happy go lucky leftists. I'd be pissed. Around here your word is your @ss and one gets busted if you break the other.

People who leave these idiots unaccountable or unchallenged are part of the reason they deem these practices acceptable.

I would become such a thorn in their side that that they'd think twice about duping anyone else...and that's a guarentee.

Amazing what people are willing to put up with isn't it? I'd personally see about getting diminished value, since they did sell you the car by lying to you, which unfortunately happens to people every single day.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #12
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
A dealership lied? Shocking.

I say you sail a brick through their window with an angry note on it.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #13
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
A dealership lied? Shocking.

I say you sail a brick through their window with an angry note on it.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
Dealer + problem, always = drama. Sucks and also the reason I try to avoid those places.
1SSFever is offline   Reply With Quote