Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
9/11 thread of remembrance

Where were you?

I was on my way to have coffee with my best friend, listening to my morning show on the radio, the Radiomen, who are usually off the cuff, funny, and always making crazy stuff up.
At first I just thought they were being their wacky selves but then I realized they were serious, they were giving out the information they were getting as they were getting it.
When I got to Dani's I rushed in and made her turn her tv on just in time to watch the 2nd tower be hit. We sat mezmerized, crying as we watched it.
I didn't know anybody there, but damn, didn't have to, it was horrifying.
We are so blessed to live in this country that the very idea of someone attacking us was outrageous.
I hope you will all join me in remembering that day, share your story, and pray for our service men and women who are still fighting overseas against the threats to our liberty.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
i was asleep, My brother in law was living with us & he was getting ready to go work & turned on the tv & came running to our room telling me to turn on the tv. that same day our 95 camaro went in to the shop to get her stripes.

to this day, I still jump when the phone rings.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
19D OSUT at Fort Knox, Ky..
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I was driving on my way to work, heard a tower was on fire. I was driving across the 520 bridge when I heard the second one hit. My first thought was to go home to get my gun which I normally don't take with me.

The CNN coverage from that day.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I was driving to work, my boss called me to ask if I had heard, made it to work, turned on the TV, and there it was...shortly after turning the TV on the second tower was hit...

At the time I was the assistant plant manager at a very large church... No one moved from the office for hours... As a retired firefighter, I cried when the first tower collapsed...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
CEE

Drives: '02 T/A; '13 2SS; '22 2SS
At home & phone rang & watched the news the rest of the day./

2022 2SS 2013 2SS & 2002 WS6 T/A
CEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
remembering the lost lives on that fateful day.

honor the dead, fight for truth.

http://www.ae911truth.org/

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/

http://wearechange.org/category/911/

http://vimeo.com/13726978

BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
Speed Kills
Live to Drive

Drives: 2010 IBM RS/SS, 2018 Toyota Tacoma
I'm an early riser on the West Coast. My alarm goes off at 4:15 am. As I laid in bed listening to the local radio, a news report gave some local reports and almost as an after thought mentioned "this just in, apparently a plane has just hit one of towers at the WTC"

When they came back from commercial, nothing was mentioned. At that point, I assumed it was a small plane that perhaps hit the top of the radio tower ...

I teach high school math at the high school I graduated from. I mention this because the high school is a stones thrown from JPL. As a student, I participated in many drills dealing with nuclear radiation and the like - I was in high school towards the end of the Cold War. I went to work that day, stopped off to grab the mail for friends on vacation. My phone rang in the car and I answered only to find a hysterical parent on the phone asking me if school was open and if everything was ok. I replied everything was fine, but why was she upset? All she could say was turn on a TV ...

The day, like most people, was spent in prayer and disbelief. Several member of the staff were called in for our opinions as to what to do about school. As a private, Catholic school, we have students from as far as 40 miles away - so the decision was not an easy one as most of our students cannot simply walk home. It was decided that we should remain in session and not turn the TV on in class as so much of that early information was overwhelming for us as adults and more so for students. (This was a decision I supported).

[As a side note, this was before reverse 911 systems and before every kid had a cell phone]

We never closed school. Many of the local schools simply dismissed there students and one my free period I left my campus only to find hundreds of kids roaming the local streets - not causing any mayhem, but not home as the schools thought they should be.

We lost an Alum in Tower #1. One of my former students was in the stairwell on the second floor as Tower #2 started to collapse. By the Grace of God he is still with us to recount that fateful day ...

As I prepare to enter my classroom tomorrow, I need to be aware that my students were only 3 years old and have little to know memory of this event. My goal tomorrow is remember those who were innocent victims just going to work in the Towers and those selfless Heroes who ran into them, knowing there was more than a chance they would never come out. I will also remember those Courageous men and women of Flight 93 who found a way to stop a portion of the madness.

My parents told me they would never forget Pearl Harbor. I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER SEPTEMBER 11, 2001. Remember those we lost, those who gave all and those who summoned the courage to take a stand. :flag1:
Speed Kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
I was onboard the USS Spruance DD-963. The morning started off as a normal getting underway. As I was walking down the passageway I heard someone say, "A plane just hit the WTC!!" So I ran to mess deck to see what happened. As the TV turned on, all we saw was the HUGE fireball from the second plane hitting the WTC. There was nothing but silence on the mess deck. Minutes later General Quarters sounded!! Everyone ran to there Battle Stations. I headed up to the bridge as we were ordered to get underway in a hurry. My position was on the portside bridgewing as a bearing taker for getting underway. As I was out on the bridgewing I noticed 2 commercial airliners circling to the North of the base. I let the Officer of Deck know about the planes. He told me to keep an eye on the them. If they headed our way to let him know!! Then the thought of taking down a commercial airliner got my stomach in a knot. Scary thought!! After awhile the commercial airliners headed for Jacksonville International Airport. Finally it was out turn to get underway. We then headed out to sea.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
I was in Iwakuni Japan ending a 6 month deployment , waiting to board a plane Sept 12th there, 11th here. Had just had a guided discussion with my Marines about the history of Pearl Harbor, and how America would never be attacked again like that so brazenly. I was looking forward to coming home, because my anniversary is Sept 10th (yep today 18 years). At the time it was 7 years, and I'd been deployed 4 of them. I'll never forget that day.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Angel Camaro, which honors the fallen during 9/11...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168878
Old 09-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
for the last 10yrs this has been posted on some website.

it was written by my husband just shortly after the 9/11 attacks as we waited to hear what was happening around the world & him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Twins

The lady knelt among her slain children, a flickering torch at her side. Its light was dim and a gloom covered the area outside its light. The blood of her children stained her robes, though she could barely tell through her tears.
She could hear the rest of her children. They sounded angry, scared, confused.
As she cried a shadow fell across her.
"Sister," she heard, "please, stand up. They need you. We all do."
The lady raised her tear-streaked eyes to behold her twin.
"Sister," the twin said, "this can not go on."
"But, my children," the lady cried. "How could this happen?"
"Those that do not understand us, they seek to destroy us. We must end this."
"How?"
"You know how, sister."
The lady looked at what her sister was carrying.
"Must it be this way?"
The twin raised her sword. "Without this, I can not protect them."
"Is there no other way? Maybe I can shed my light out there."
"Sister, those that did this, they hate us. They hate our children. They will not listen. Our children have tried. Our children have offered their hands in friendship and help but look at how they were repaid."
The lady looked around. She could see that her children were in pain. The loss of their brothers and sisters was weighing down their souls. They flinched in the gloom but, as she could see, they still struggled against it. Alone, and together, they still went on, believing in her, believing in her sister as well.
She looked up at her sister again. Her twin still held the sword but her other hand was empty. It was stretched out to help the lady up.
The lady took her sister’s hand and rose to her feet.
"What will you do?" she asked.
"Be there with them. Be among them to help them do what must be done but also to do what is right. What about you sister?"
"I will do what I have done since I came to this land. What I have always done for our children. I just wish it didn’t have to be this way."
"So do I, so do they. But, remember this, if we fail them, we might lose them and they might lose us. I won’t permit that. I love them too much and they feel the same towards us."
The lady nodded. "Again, you are right sister." With that the lady reached down to picked up the torch. As she raised it, it flared to life, chasing the darkness from her land. The light shone out across the seas and touched lands so far away; none of the children could see them. The sisters could though.
"Here, keep this," her twin said, handing her a piece of cloth. "I will need to see to show them right from wrong."
The lady looked at the children. "Who will go?"
"We will," some said, their eyes filled with tears and resolve.
"We will stay and protect those still here," others said, moving out amongst their siblings.
"We will stay and continue, to give purpose to those going," even more said.
The lady looked at her twin, "Thank you for bringing me back out of my despair. I love you, Justice."
The twin looked back. "That’s what this is all about, Liberty."

By Daniel Ivey

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #13
lgKido

Drives: 2002 Dodge Ram :(
I was at an airport doing QA/QC for a new taxiway. The FAA grounded all flights, so I was forced to leave the confines. I also removed my children from school because I didn't know the full scope of the attack and I wanted them with me if things got worse. Later in the afternoon, I had my children come outside and look up in the sky and then tell me what they saw. And, of course, they said they saw nothing. Which was correct because all flights were grounded. I then told them that a sky empty of aircraft/contrails may never happen again in their lifetime. Let's hope..........
lgKido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #14
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I was at one of my family's vinyards harvesting wine grapes in the a.m. when someone gave us the news that an airplane had just hit one of the twin towers. A bit later that another plane hit the other one and at that point in time I felt numb and scared as to wtf was going on. It was a feeling of fear like I have never felt before in my life.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote