Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
What model car has more personalized plates than Gen5 Camaro's?

I never noticed how many Gen5 Camaro's that had personalized plates on them until we were at Camaro5fest in Indy. Since then I have noticed how many of them in Ohio where I live with personalized plates, it's actually unusual to see a Gen5 without personalized plates.

I'm not sure what it means but I don't think there is any other make/model car that has so many personalized plates. Is this the same where you live? Do you have a personalized plate?

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
I am not sure if it is that situation where after you buy a car you suddenly start realizing how many other of those cars are out there..but I have to agree. In my area, most of the Camaro folks have personalized plates. The only other personalized plates are just odds and ends, older people with their Cadillac DTS, a Corvette here or there, SUVS, Crossovers, not so much trucks. But for model to model, I definitely see more Camaro's with personalized than any other.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I don't see very many at all in my neck of the woods......of any make or model.....but BOTH of my "good" cars have them.....the Camaro and the Caddy
Old 09-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
it has always struck me as showy and vain, hence vanity plate. I had my alma mater plates once and people thought i was being showy, i just thought i was representing my school, college spirit if you will. I dont have them anymore, not because I cared but I moved 700 miles away from that area (that area btw was dayton ohio)

I think vanity plates are kind of douchey, i paid an extra fifty bucks so you could decipher this in traffic and think I am better than you even though it was the last fifty dollars I had and my kid has no diapers...thats just my take.
mattsfirstSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
it has always struck me as showy and vain, hence vanity plate. I had my alma mater plates once and people thought i was being showy, i just thought i was representing my school, college spirit if you will. I dont have them anymore, not because I cared but I moved 700 miles away from that area (that area btw was dayton ohio)

I think vanity plates are kind of douchey, i paid an extra fifty bucks so you could decipher this in traffic and think I am better than you even though it was the last fifty dollars I had and my kid has no diapers...thats just my take.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
I have no kids to spend the money on diapers and it helps my friends around the city figure out if it was me or not, usually meaning they call when they see it and we go hang out for a beer since we are in the same area. I find nothing but functionality out of it similar to the bumper stickers on my truck that help identify it for the same reasons.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I agree, if someone see a Camaro the same color as yours, they can tell if it is you by your license plate.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
License plates are easy ways to determine a person's personality.

Vain
Asshat
Low Self Esteem
Sense of Humor
Desperately seeks validation
Needs license plate to tell him what make/model of car he drives
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
I paid an extra fifty bucks so you could decipher this in traffic and think I am better than you even though it was the last fifty dollars I had and my kid has no diapers...thats just my take.

I just can't bring myself to pay the price. It's $200 for one year, $500 for 5, and $600 for 10 years.

Also, in Texas you can only use 6 characters so there's not a whole lot you can say.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
idk i think if you care alot about your car that you probably also care about what your tags say. i dont think it really describes the person at all. i mean my camaro plates are not vanity, but my trailblazer ss is which says Blazen SS. i dont think it makes me look like a douche or some a**hole. i just take pride in my vehicles. The camaro will have them to eventually

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I never noticed how many Gen5 Camaro's that had personalized plates on them until we were at Camaro5fest in Indy. Since then I have noticed how many of them in Ohio where I live with personalized plates, it's actually unusual to see a Gen5 without personalized plates.

I'm not sure what it means but I don't think there is any other make/model car that has so many personalized plates. Is this the same where you live? Do you have a personalized plate?

Russ
To keep this thread on topic the VW Beetle probably has more in my area. Every time I see one there is a personalized plate.

Saying that people with personalized plates are vain and whatever else you guys are saying is ignorant. It's the same as telling someone vertical doors look bad. Guess whose money it is....yeah that's right, it's theirs.

awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
mattsfirstSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
To keep this thread on topic the VW Beetle probably has more in my area. Every time I see one there is a personalized plate.

Saying that people with personalized plates are vain and whatever else you guys are saying is ignorant. It's the same as telling someone vertical doors look bad. Guess whose money it is....yeah that's right, it's theirs.

dont get your panties ina bunch fella, it was just my opinion. Yeah its their money and they can spend it on whatever vain, showy crap they like. They are allowed to tell me normal plates are plain jane and ugly...i dont care.

And vertical doors are ugly
Old 09-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
mattsfirstSS

also to stay on topic I see a lot more bimmers with personal plates here, but then again I maybe only see one other camaro a day if that.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
dont get your panties ina bunch fella, it was just my opinion. Yeah its their money and they can spend it on whatever vain, showy crap they like. They are allowed to tell me normal plates are plain jane and ugly...i dont care.

And vertical doors are ugly
No worries. I just don't understand how someone can be so highly opinionated on a matter that has absolutley no effect on them.

BTW: I don't even have a 'vanity' plate
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote