Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Where is the 9th speaker (Center)?

Does anyone know exactly where the 5th speaker is installed in the car? Some people said it was installed somewhere in the console. What size of woofer is this and how hard is it to get at (remove). I'm going to have to remove this and replace it if I know where it is. This is the 9th speaker in the boston acoustics setup, is that correct?

Could someone take some photos of it for me?

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Ok so according to Pioneer's website, I think I answered one of my questions on size. According to:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...Video/FitGuide

The 2010 Camaro has a 3 1/2" speaker located as a center speaker with a depth mount of 3".

Shaun

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Ok, so I just answered another one of my own question on my own. For those of you wondering:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8412/...ispanelfor.jpg

This is appearently where the 9th speaker is. It's in teh dash. Can anyone gets some upper shots of this speaker along with inspecting the grill thats covering it? Does it look like it can be removed with little issue?

Shaun

Old 06-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
ok so one extra speaker is in the dash, where are the other 2?

cause that site linked above only shows 7 speakers unless the extra 2 are also 'rear speakers'?
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post

cause that site linked above only shows 7 speakers unless the extra 2 are also 'rear speakers'?
I suspect the 6X9s in the rear dash are 2 or 3-way speakers and they are counting the rear built-in tweeter/midrange/6X9 woofer combo on the rear dash as 4 speakers instead of 2 making a total of 9. Just a guess though.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post

When I talk about speakers I only count the PACKAGE, like components, I call them two speakers when technically tehre is 4 (two in the door and 2 in the pillers beside your mirrors). So the Camaro has two in the back, two in the front and one in the center. GM considers the rear speakers 4 speakers true and front speakers true because the rear speakers and split up and powered by seperate sources.

According to the wiring guide released, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24704 the DECK (4channel) headunit powers the component speakers which come with there own HPF/LPF devices, i just dont know where they are located in the car, can someone who has the car already verify? The two rear channels from the deck power the High filter speakers at the back.

Now the amp in the trunk hidden (its there appearently but I cant verify as I dont got my car yet) controls the Low filter speakers at the back. The last two channels are somehow combined together and power the center channel speaker in the dash (again i cannot verify). This would make the most sense in figuring out what powers what.

So long story short, just think of the back speakers in teh Camaro as components even thou they are not as you can clearly see they are 6X9s. Also, for people looking at tapping into the back speakers, you can forget it because of the filters in place. We need to tap off the preout signal before it hits that back amp to get proper sound if your looking at aftermarket amplifiers.

Those of you who just want subs can probally still get away with tapping off the low filter speakers as subs dont generally need any frequency greater than 120Hz.

Shaun

Old 06-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
Camaro Pro

Drives: Full Size GMC pickup
The speakers in the rear are coaxial. They each have their own amp channel. I don't know how accurate that wiring diagram is. The amplifier is a 7-channel amp, so it seems to support that conclusion.
Camaro Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #9
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
pics?

I found 7 in mine... guessing that Edrock is correct about the other 2.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:31 AM   #10
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Pro View Post
The speakers in the rear are coaxial. They each have their own amp channel. I don't know how accurate that wiring diagram is. The amplifier is a 7-channel amp, so it seems to support that conclusion.
Thanks for pointing this out This makes the wiring diagram sound confusing thou :( .

Shaun