Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Ok Onstar...you suck!!

So I'm driving my wife's 2011 Malibu that we bought last year listening to my music on my thumb drive when a message from Onstar takes over the audio.."Please press the Blue Button to discuss your account" after the free 3 months of Onstar we decided not to renew...so I press the button and they tell me the account is past due from March....I tell them after the free period we decided not to continue...which is why you dont have a credit card on file...so lady says since you didn't call us and cancel, the service kept going...I said that's a lie, because one we day we tried to use it after the trial period and we routed to a rep telling us it had canceled...I told her if you think I'm paying you for 8 months of service then you are crazy!!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
ripcurl329

Drives: 2012 SS/RS 45th & 1970 SS/RS 350
good to know... mine is about to expire and I dont plan on renewing.

Kenny Powers: Sure, I’ve been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I’m not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren’t as good. That used to be called patriotism.
ripcurl329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Cpaint

Drives: 2LT RS Ashen Grey
especially if you never used it within that period. yeah thats BS they called me asking to renew I guess I need to confirm its cancelled
Old 11-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
OnStar kicks ass.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
Mdipinto

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro silver black stripe
On star is a awesome program, I have it just for the safety... But just like every program, there is always problems, and you found one.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
And if you want to renew without a credit card? They have absolutely NO idea how to act. It took a LONG while for them to send me an invoice. I wasn't budging. They finally relented. It's not like I needed them, they needed me.

I don't like their business practices. The only reason I did renew was for consideration of the wife. If it were just me, they'd be gone already. They should make sure the wife is happy because if she ever leaves me they will, too. They tried cold calling me in the truck one evening during our "negotiations" and the display said it was onstar. I answered and immediately hung up on them. A-holes.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
cgreer72

Drives: '13 1LT RS
I was going to make a thread about this the other day, so I hope you don't mind me hijacking this.....

I just bought my '13 three weeks ago. The dealer said I needed to sit in the car and listen the OnStar schpeel. I have no intentions of activating the service, so I never did this. Do I still need to call and cancel the service?
cgreer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
Mdipinto

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro silver black stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgreer72 View Post
I was going to make a thread about this the other day, so I hope you don't mind me hijacking this.....

I just bought my '13 three weeks ago. The dealer said I needed to sit in the car and listen the OnStar schpeel. I have no intentions of activating the service, so I never did this. Do I still need to call and cancel the service?
no... as long as you don't activate you don't need to deactivate...
Old 11-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
No, you don't have to do a thing. If you don't call them, they can't annoy the pee out of you about giving them a credit card.

If you DO sign up for it, do a couple of things. Give them a credit card that expires during the onstar subscription, this way they cannot bill you again without them contacting you (and they WILL). Also, ensure you tell them you do NOT want continuous coverage.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
cgreer72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdipinto View Post
no... as long as you don't activate you don't need to deactivate...
Good! I didn't know if the dealer had part of the activation process or not.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgreer72 View Post
Good! I didn't know if the dealer had part of the activation process or not.
Generally a dealer has to activate on star before they sell the car. The sales person can actually get in trouble if they don't (at least at my dealer they can). But i dont have onstar on either my camaro or cruze. Have had the camaro 3 years never thought about using onstar but once. The cruze is almost a year old and i have never used it at all. I hate their polices to try and keep a card on file. They are almost as bad a XM
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
They are pretty relentless when it came to getting me to sign up. They were phoning me daily finally I told them I don't drive the car in the winter so it's pointless for me to pay for a service on something that sits in my garage for half the year. I haven't heard from them in a while sine I said that.
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
cgreer72

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Generally a dealer has to activate on star before they sell the car. The sales person can actually get in trouble if they don't (at least at my dealer they can). But i dont have onstar on either my camaro or cruze. Have had the camaro 3 years never thought about using onstar but once. The cruze is almost a year old and i have never used it at all. I hate their polices to try and keep a card on file. They are almost as bad a XM
Well neither the dealer or OnStar has my CC info, so hopefully I'm safe.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #14
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I am curious... How much does OnStar cost? Their website is very cryptic, they won't tip their hand (that's bad business, IMHO). It appears that the only way to find out is "Just press the blue button in your OnStar equipped vehicle, and a helpful business associate will be glad to help you!" ... but, I'm not going to do that UNTIL I know that their price is something I'm willing to pay. I do NOT want to give them my "come hither" signal, and have them then hound me forever if I choose not to play. ................... Also, does everybody pay the same amount? Is the rate negotiable? Is it based on area, or other factors? Are there different "levels of coverage," or anything? Again, the website is cryptic... they just want me talk to them. I'd much rather learn this stuff from my Camaro5 brothers and sisters!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote