Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
ih82lose

Drives: 2018 Corvette
New Member with a question

So I think I am in the market for a Camaro. Spoke with a dealer 2.5 hours away that says he can sell me a car .He has the invoice on it and a vin. he is trying to find out what the status code is ??? Its almost what I want but with allot more options then what I would have gotton, about $8,000.00 more.

He is $2,000.00 over msrp I actually wanted a shelby but never bought one as they were always over msrp,but I have a gm card rebate that I will use to pay the dealer mark up and I have tricked my self into beliving that I am only paying msrp so it make me feel better.

He is a large stable chevy dealer that made it throught the cuts,so I am not afraid of giving a deposit to them.I explained I dont want to order a car I want to purchase a car.

anyways

just checking in to say hello

if this deal dosent work out does anybody know of a dealer with a black,gray.silver 2ss available to purchase this week

I am eliminating yellow as an option as my 2 vettes are yellow and I want a differant color car
ih82lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #2
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
I don't have an answer to your question about locating the car you want, you should be able to call around to dealerships in the NY City area that may have something close to what you want.
BUT I would NOT "trick" myself into paying that much more for the car and then on top of it $2K over the MSRP.
Do a bit of homework on this, because it sounds like you're willing to "give away" alot ($10 grand!?!) of money that you don't need to for this car.
BTW - whatever you decide to do, make sure that:
1) you use a credit card for the deposit - NO CASH, NO CHECK!
2) get whatever you agree to in writing and all the details of the deal - exact amounts not just "at MSRP".
3) keep in contact at least once a week with the dealership - the 'salesperson' is usually not the person who enters an order so find out who that is (name) and keep in touch with him/her.
Oh and make sure you are ready - not "I think I'm in the market"!!!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Order what you want, get what you want and under no circumstances do not pay a nickel over MSRP.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Order what you want, get what you want and under no circumstances do not pay a nickel over MSRP.
Plus one... Shop around, use this MSRP (or Lower) Dealers List and this MSRP or below, Dealers

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
WhoDat24
Geaux Saints Geaux

Drives: Bumblebee. 2SS/RS (#88**)
don't believe the adjusted market value BS.

WhoDat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
AMERICANMADE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
You do not have to pay over MSRP! There are dealers in every state that are at MSRP + a $125 service and handling, $700 destination charge fee, both typical with any new car purchase. Don't get suckered in. It sounds like you are just now looking to purchase so I would wait and shop around unless you just have to spend a couple thousand more!
AMERICANMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Red face

Hello and welcome to the forum!......be very careful, this site is addicting!!!...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
ih82lose

Drives: 2018 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Oh and make sure you are ready - not "I think I'm in the market"!!!

Thanks all great info

The perfect car is a Black 2SS-RSS-sunroof

Thats all I want

As for am I ready am I in the market

In late 2006 I sold my Yellow 2002 C5 9800 mile convertable for the coming out soon 2007 shelby. All I wanted was a 4 seat American made muscle car. with all of the ADM Adjusted Dealer Markup I have not purchased a car.

So If I could walk into a dealer today and leave with a car today I am in the market ,

Thanks again

The worst part is I could have gotton into some nice overseas cars at discounts ,but I want to support the american industires every chance I can
ih82lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih82lose View Post
Thanks all great info

Thats all I want

In late 2006 I sold my Yellow 2002 C5 9800 mile convertable for the coming out soon 2007 shelby. All I wanted was a 4 seat American made muscle car. with all of the ADM Adjusted Dealer Markup I have not purchased a car.

So If I could walk into a dealer today and leave with a car today I am in the market ,

Thanks again

The worst part is I could have gotton into some nice overseas cars at discounts ,but I want to support the american industires every chance I can
Hey is that a new Camaro model the 2SS-RSS? Just kidding
Old 06-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
If you really want it this week, and that dealer is so close, I wouldn't be against paying 2k over. That's just me, though. Anyways, good luck.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih82lose View Post
Thanks all great info

Thats all I want

Thanks again

last sentence =
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote