Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Finally a happy ending...

As some of you may know, I was finally able to look up my sticker a week ago last Friday... sadly the RS package was left off -- now those of you that say "blame your dealer", I blame no one, and I blame everyone. The blame can go in any direction. GM was aware that altering the order would drop the RS package off the system, my dealer could have checked before it was pulled, as could I.

Regardless... what's done is done. I refused the car because it did not have the RS package, some would not have. I chose to because after seven long months of waiting for the car I ordered, it was not how I ordered it. I accepted at that time the wait would be longer.

Now... as soon as I found out what had happened, I called the dealer. I spoke with the Inventory manager who was clearly irritated about the situation. After allowing me time to think about what I wanted to do, she called me back, and I told her I would like to re-order. She said "no problem", she had a feeling I would do that and had already contacted the regional rep, and GM, and had requested an additional allocation for the month and a priority #1 status.

I spent the next week questioning whether or not I made the right decision, at best I was thinking an additional 3 to 4 month wait.

A few days back on Saturday, I went to my dealer to get a look at Erasedgod's CGM 2SS/RS. He lives in San Diego and I had given him my local dealers name and he ordered through them. While I was looking at his car my salesman approached me and told me the Inv. manager had spent 2 days on the phone getting another allocation. Not only was she successful, as of today I am sitting at 3300!!!

This could have easily been a carbon copy of my first order, waiting forever... but my dealer did everything they could to make the situation right. Sure I lost out on #7935, and possibly my early order activity, but I am getting the car I wanted. What O'rielly Chevrolet has done for me during this process has totally restored my faith in at least their caring for the customer.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
good attitude, I hope it comes in much sooner than planned, and you get exactly what you want and ordered, GOOD LUCK! We are all rooting for you...

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Bowtie Girl

Drives: Black 2LT RS Auto 20" Polished
First class dealer. You are lucky. The dealer should give lessons to the other dealers who are less than reputable. I would not have accepted the car either. When you order something, you obviously order it that way for a reason....that's what you want. What a stand up dealer. Glad to hear your story has a great ending! Enjoy your car!
3000 = Accepted By Production Control:
3100 = Sequenced:
3300 = Scheduled For Production:
3400 = Broadcast:
3800 = Produced:
4150 = Invoiced:
4200 = Shipped:
5000 = Delivered To Dealer:
6000 = Delivered To Customer::
Bowtie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Congrats Man!

Thats pretty damn cool!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Wow, that's awesome. I'm glad you won't be waiting until October or beyond. O'Rielly deserves quite a bit of praise for this. I'm hoping they are able to manage the same thing for the poor bastard who ordered the SIM SS that they had.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
that's great!!!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
awesome bro, simply awesome! 4-6 weeks tops!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
still sux that you had to wait so long...

but....as long as you dont enter Area-51... everything looks like it is going to work out for you.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I'd reserve an celebration until the car is in your garage...
Old 06-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasedgod View Post
Wow, that's awesome. I'm glad you won't be waiting until October or beyond. O'Rielly deserves quite a bit of praise for this. I'm hoping they are able to manage the same thing for the poor bastard who ordered the SIM SS that they had.
The guy with the SIM took it. Said he would add the stuff later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I'd reserve an celebration until the car is in your garage...
Ahhh SSOOCH... It's too bad this whole process has made you so bitter My point is this could have been a whole lot worse than it is, and after the week I just had... any news is good news.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Are they doing anything to compensate you? Discount, free cover, free oil changes...?
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
Good for you!! Lucky!!
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #13
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
As some of you may know, I was finally able to look up my sticker a week ago last Friday... sadly the RS package was left off -- now those of you that say "blame your dealer", I blame no one, and I blame everyone. The blame can go in any direction. GM was aware that altering the order would drop the RS package off the system, my dealer could have checked before it was pulled, as could I.

Regardless... what's done is done. I refused the car because it did not have the RS package, some would not have. I chose to because after seven long months of waiting for the car I ordered, it was not how I ordered it. I accepted at that time the wait would be longer.

Now... as soon as I found out what had happened, I called the dealer. I spoke with the Inventory manager who was clearly irritated about the situation. After allowing me time to think about what I wanted to do, she called me back, and I told her I would like to re-order. She said "no problem", she had a feeling I would do that and had already contacted the regional rep, and GM, and had requested an additional allocation for the month and a priority #1 status.

I spent the next week questioning whether or not I made the right decision, at best I was thinking an additional 3 to 4 month wait.

A few days back on Saturday, I went to my dealer to get a look at Erasedgod's CGM 2SS/RS. He lives in San Diego and I had given him my local dealers name and he ordered through them. While I was looking at his car my salesman approached me and told me the Inv. manager had spent 2 days on the phone getting another allocation. Not only was she successful, as of today I am sitting at 3300!!!

This could have easily been a carbon copy of my first order, waiting forever... but my dealer did everything they could to make the situation right. Sure I lost out on #7935, and possibly my early order activity, but I am getting the car I wanted. What O'rielly Chevrolet has done for me during this process has totally restored my faith in at least their caring for the customer.
That is AWESOME!! I really liked the way you handled the situation and in return you were taking care of. I hope many can learn from this. I am glad you did not settle and take a car you did not order. You would forever regret that decision. Congrats on the 3300 status.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #14
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
The guy with the SIM took it. Said he would add the stuff later.
Oh, I didn't see him after I went in to finish the paperwork. I think I'd have re-ordered and waited if mine came without the RS. The halos are definitely one of my favorite extra little features.