Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Couture78

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT in Victory Red
Tire pressure error?

Just got this ls about. Week ago. It's used, 43000 miles when I got it. Well the 2nd day I got a warning light about tire pressure being low. It went away so I don't check the tire. Then today there was a warning that was flashing an exclamation mark saying to service the tire pressures monitoring system. I figured it was that one tire causing problems so we aired it up to 44 psi. From 30. Well I looked at the tpms and it still shows that tire at 30. And the drivers at 45 passenger at 35 and rear passenger at 31. The system never did warn about the other tires. Anyhow is that normal? Can I reset it or is it just broken? Thanks for any help in advance.
Couture78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
The tires on the DIC are opposite. So you pumped up the wrong tire. I'm not sure about the LS wheels but my tire pressure warning goes off at 30. So the other ones would not have gone off yet. So I think everything is fine bud. Just filled up the wrong tire lol. Check the recommended PSI on the tire and fill them all up there.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
first off dont air your tire to 44psi,i believe its 35 psi and if your light is flashing typically means you may have a bigger issue possibly a bad sensor go get the tire checked for a puncture dont ignore it
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
I think 38 psi all around is what my 2010 calls for.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Air all your tires to 36psi COLD. When you drive on them they heat up to higher psi so if you air them up hot, when they cool down they'll be below where you actually wanted them. Once you have them all aired the same, if the light doesn't go off, go and get it checked with a Re-Learn tool. If the tool does not read one of the sensors, or the sensor is still not matching the pressure you put in the tire, then you have a faulty sensor. Keep an eye on your tire pressure with an actual air gauge until you get your sensor problem fixed to make sure you don't have a leak anywhere. Hope this helps
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
DZ302

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couture78 View Post
Can I reset it or is it just broken? Thanks for any help in advance.
This thread, post #4. It will get your system reading the correct tires.