Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Russ2485

Drives: 10' White w/black stripes Camaro RS
Sub and Amp

I have a JL 12" W3 and have Picasso amp already and a box. I love the way this setup sounded in my old car. But it is a larger ported square box. Should i get a new smaller box to fit on the side of my trunk. Maybe one from ********,com or is there something better? Would I lose any quality in sound by going to a smaller box that I believe isn't ported. Also what else would I need to hook up my amp to my headunit. Could I keep my factory amp for my boston speakers and just add this amp somehow for my Sub? Please any info would help.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
ZeuSS2011

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS / Black 2013 ZL1
Just installed a driver's side stealth enclosure from ******** and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to add a sub to their car. The enclosure is very well built and with the way it contours itself with the interior of the driver's side of the trunk, looks like it should've come with the car like that straight from the factory. Very happy with the amount of bass coming out of my trunk with this setup. Since you've already got the sub and amp, I recommend getting the stealth enclosure along with one of their X3 harnesses that allows you to plug n play into the stock amp. The harness allows you to run your RCA cables to your amp without having to splice into any wires and also gives you a turn on lead for your amp.

The setup not only looks great but sounds great too.
ZeuSS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Russ2485

Drives: 10' White w/black stripes Camaro RS
I've heard nothing but good things about ********. Would my Boston Acoustic Amp power my speakers still? or would my new amp do that now? I want to use the amp I have now just for my sub
Old 01-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
ZeuSS2011

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS / Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2485 View Post
I've heard nothing but good things about ********. Would my Boston Acoustic Amp power my speakers still? or would my new amp do that now? I want to use the amp I have now just for my sub
Your stock amp would still power your speakers in the cab. You can still use the amp that you have powering your sub now. You would just swap sub boxes.
ZeuSS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote